Jay x Reader - Get Well Soon

The ninjas were out on a mission and, being close friends of yours, they had left you in charge of keeping watch at their home. They had been gone for quite a while now--you weren't exactly sure what they were doing, but you did know that the mission was a dangerous one.

As the time passed, you grew increasingly worried. Why wasn't anyone back yet? To pass the time, you busied yourself by doing simple cleaning chores such as dusting the walls. At least when the ninjas came back, the place would be nice and tidy.

You ended up getting so wrapped up in cleaning the house that you almost completely forgot about your worries. Eventually, however, the sudden sound of knocking on the door startled you, causing you to drop your feather duster.

"I'm coming!" you called, rushing so fast to the door that you almost tripped over your own feet.

You weren't sure what to expect when you placed your hand on the door handle, but when you opened it, you were greeted with a sight that filled you with dread. The only ninja standing before you was Jay panting with exhaustion, and he had a long, deep gash on his arm. He was the ninja you spent the most time with and knew best, so it was a shock to see him so hurt.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" you demanded, grabbing his hands and gently pulling him inside. But then you remembered your crush on him and quickly let go, feeling flustered. You asked, "Where's everyone else?"

"They're...fine..." Jay panted, hobbling over to his bed. "I got hurt...in a fight... and the others told me to go back... while they finish without me..." He collapsed onto his mattress and sighed.

"You need to get that cut fixed up!" you exclaimed, your voice full of concern for your beloved blue ninja. You went to his side and hesitantly inspected his arm. The cut was pretty bad, but it didn't appear to be life-threatening.

"I'm gonna die, aren't I?" Jay whimpered. "Then I will never be able to play video games ever again..."

You had to bite back laughter. Jay could be so melodramatic sometimes. You stroked his forehead and soothed, "You will live. I am going to treat your injury, okay?"

Jay mumbled in agreement and you went into the bathroom to get the first-aid kit from the cabinet. Afterwards, you returned to Jay. He was still lying on the bed, emitting exaggerated groans of pain. When you approached, he reluctantly held out his arm for you to work on.

"Is it gonna hurt?" he asked in a high-pitched voice.

"I don't think so," you responded gently, hoping he'd calm down. First you lightly wiped the cut with a cloth, but this caused Jay to shoot upright and yelp with agony.

"Did that hurt?" you asked with apprehension in your tone, trying not to panic about the fact that you might have accidentally put Jay in more pain.

"No, I just did that in case it did hurt," Jay responded, relaxing again.

You rolled your eyes, and then proceeded to apply disinfectant to the injury. Jay winced and whimpered, "Okay, now that really does hurt!"

"I'm sorry!" you apologized, but you knew that in this case, it was only to be expected. Luckily, though, you were soon done. You picked up a bandage out of the first-aid kit and began wrapping it around Jay's forearm as carefully as you could.

"There, all done!" you announced, gently patting the white bandage.

"Thanks," Jay muttered, still looking miserable. You felt sorry for him. What could you do to help him feel better? You thought it would be best for him to rest, but he looked so bored with nothing to do.