Zane x Reader #2 - Winter Cuddles

Author's notes - From now on I will put author's notes at the beginning of stories instead of at the end, but I will still say what the next story is at the end. I hope you enjoy my second Zane x Reader fanfiction! It's kind of shorter than my other stories but this time it's non-stop romance. XD

It was winter, and you had been in a relationship with Zane for quite some time now. Today, you had invited the precious nindroid to your house. Usually you visited the ninjas' place to hang out with him, but you preferred the privacy of your room so you wouldn't have other ninjas like Jay or Cole snooping around.

You watched the snow fall past your window while you waited for your boyfriend to arrive. You felt excited and a little bit nervous at the same time. Because of the cold weather, you were dressed in warm pants and your [favorite color] jacket. But despite this, you still felt rather chilly.

Soon, you heard three knocks on your door. You felt joy rush through you as you hurried to the door, swinging it open to reveal Zane. He was wearing his gorgeous gray and white sweater with snowflakes on it, and to your surprise, he was holding a bouquet of white roses.

"These are for you," he stated timidly, thrusting the bouquet into your arms.

"Oh my goodness, thank you!" you exclaimed, causing Zane to smile. You could tell the flowers were artificial, but what did it matter? Zane himself was made out of metal and gears!

"Come in," you urged, stepping aside to let him inside. You were glad to shut the door; having it open had let some freezing air blow in, and you shivered slightly.

"So, what shall we do today?" Zane questioned, curiously tilting his head to one side.

"Hmm..." you mused as you put the plastic roses in a vase on table. "Why don't we just chill together for a bit?"

"That is fine by me," he accepted. You weren't sure if he got your 'chill' pun, which you had made both because it was winter and because he was the ninja of ice, but you respected that he sometimes had trouble understanding humor.

You sat down on the sofa in your living room, feeling content with how soft and comfortable it was. Zane sat down next to you, and your face took on a shade of pink. In spite of knowing Zane for a long time, you still couldn't help but to blush whenever he was around.

"How have you been lately?" you asked in an attempt to get a conversation going.

"I have been feeling good, and I am functioning perfectly fine," Zane responded.

"Same here!" you said with laughter in your voice. "Just pretty cold."

He looked at you and rubbed his chin as if he was pondering something and added, "There is something I would like to ask of you, though."

"What is it?" you asked, meeting his gaze.

"Well..." he turned away, apparently nervous, and was silent for a bit. Finally, he asked, "May I have your permission to cuddle you?"

"Cuddle?" you repeated, trying not to squeal with delight at the thought.

Zane nodded once. "Indeed. I have seen Jay and Nya participate in high levels of close physical contact, especially now that the average temperature has dropped. Jay said it keeps him warm, so perhaps it would help you too?"

"S-s-sure!" you stammered. To be honest, with him being the ice ninja as well as a robot, you were sure that snuggling Zane would do the opposite of keep you warm but you weren't going to tell him that... he was too cute to resist.

Zane embraced you and pulled you closer to him, softly stroking your back. You could detect his frosty touch even through your clothes, and it sent chills down your spine; but for some reason, it actually felt quite nice. You were so love-struck that you felt your breath hitch in your throat, and after a moment's hesitation, you relaxed your body against Zane's. You wrapped your arms around him and nuzzled his shoulder lovingly.

After a while, Zane moved his hands to your shoulders to gently push you back so that he could gaze into your [eye color] eyes. "[Y/N], you make me feel... things that cannot be described in words," he murmured with an adorable, sheepish expression on his face.

You giggled and affectionately rubbed his sides. "I love you too, Zane!"

Zane gave a little smile that made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, putting one of his arms around your waist while he used his other hand to brush a strand of hair out of your face. He hugged you close to him again so that your torsos were touching, and planted a few tickly kisses all over your face before lightly kissing your lips.

You squeaked with surprise, but it just came out as a 'mmph!' sound muffled by Zane's ice cold lips. You had kissed Zane several times before, of course, but you were never prepared for how amazing it felt even though it often left your mouth feeling numb. Your heartbeat accelerated, and you waited for it to calm down a little. Then, you settled your arms around Zane's neck and kissed him back. He was gradually sinking back a little while you unintentionally let your weight push him down... and soon you realized that you were now both lying down, with you on top of him.

"Sorry!" you shrieked, sitting up abruptly and feeling your cheeks burn with mortification. You cast a glance at Zane and saw him straightening up as well, with a baffled expression on his face.

"What is the matter, [Y/N]?" he asked worriedly. With his innocence, of course he didn't understand why you were so embarrassed.

"Never mind, it's nothing!" you assured him with a smile. He smiled back and delicately held your hand.

"Do you feel warmer yet?" he queried.

Zane's touch had made your skin feel even colder than before, but it was worth it to be cuddled by your beloved nindroid. "Nope," you admitted.

Zane frowned. "Hmm, it would seem that we aren't participating in this 'cuddling' activity enough, then."

With that, he gently grabbed you in his arms again and snuggled you, nuzzling your face. You felt like you were in heaven, and tenderly squeezed him in return. You felt his hands wander across your hips, back, and shoulders, before finally reaching up to pat your hair. You gave a little squirm of joy and affectionately smooched his nose, which made an electric-blue blush light up his cheeks.

Zane leaned in and gave you another long-lasting kiss, which you reveled in. His hands were never still, always caressing you and brushing against your back. And then... he tentatively slid his tongue across your lips, causing you to flinch back and your heart to practically explode out of your ribcage.

"What was that?!" you demanded in shock, blushing profusely.

"Forgive me!" he pleaded, letting go of you to shamefully hide his face in his hands. "Jay informed me about a different type of kissing and I was curious..."

You rolled your eyes at the mention of Jay's name. That pesky ninja had probably taught Zane about French kissing for the giggles.

"Don't worry, everything's all good, but maybe we could try it later," you told Zane gently, enveloping him in your arms again and resting your head on his chest. You could faintly hear his gears turning inside him.

"You... make my heart melt, [Y/N]," Zane said, looking down at you with a grin.

You giggled at the realization that Zane had actually made a pun. "Same here" you crooned as you pressed your cheek against him. You heard the rotating sound of his gears speed up just a little.

"But has our cuddle session successfully made you feel warmer?" he asked with a serious tone that somehow amused you.

To be honest, you were practically freezing right now, but there was a blissful warmth in your chest that seemed to spread throughout your whole body. Your skin may have been cold, but the wonderful feeling of love that Zane gave you was the best kind of warmth of all.

"Yes, it has," you responded earnestly.

---

Look out for Kai x Reader #2, coming soon!