[REQUEST] Young Garmadon x Reader

Author's notes - This is my second request! This one is for ninjagirl3555. I hope it's okay! It is set sometime before the Serpentine War, so Garmadon is young here.

As you walked through the forest, an eerie quietness hung in the air. You understood it wasn't the best place to be by yourself, since you could never know what might be lurking in the shadows. But you didn't care. You just needed some place to be alone, and a dark, creepy forest seemed just the spot.

You kept walking, hearing no sound aside from your own breathing and your footsteps in the dry, crinkly grass. Eventually, you came to a large tree stump, and decided to rest for a bit. You sat down on the stump and sighed. Finally, you could be at peace to dwell on your thoughts.

Or maybe not...

You suddenly heard a rustling sound in the bushes close by. You gasped and glanced around, your heart pounding painfully with dread. Maybe coming here hadn't been a good idea after all. You frantically wondered what kind of creature was stalking you from behind the trees. You thought of getting the heck out of there, but you feared that suddenly moving would alert the unknown creature and cause it to lunge at you anyway.

You heard some more rustling and saw leaves ahead of you shaking. You grit your teeth and tensed your muscles, preparing to meet your doom. The leaves closest to you parted and...

Instead of a savage beast leaping out at you, an unfamiliar figure slowly stepped out and looked around, his face giving an expression of shock when he spotted you.

"What are you doing in a place like this?" he asked with surprise and concern in his tone.

You felt yourself relax. You stared at the newcomer and avoided his question. "Who are you?" you asked.

He sat down beside you before answering, "My name is Garmadon."

You gave a little sigh. You were glad you were still alive, but it looked like you weren't getting any alone time. "I'm [Y/N]," you told him in an attempt to be polite.

"Okay," Garmadon said.

You felt a twinge of annoyance at his indifferent response.

He then went on to remind you, "You still didn't tell me why you're here."

You shrugged. "Ehh, I just felt frustrated that I can't seem to get along with anyone, so I came here for solitude. How about you?"

Garmadon shifted a little as if he felt uncomfortable. "Well, I guess you could say this place holds some significance to me. I come here quite often."

You stared at him, feeling rather curious now. "How so?"

Garmadon didn't meet your gaze. "I was bitten by a snake at the edge of these very woods," he confessed.

"Oh, no... you weren't badly hurt, were you?" you asked, feeling sympathy creep into your tone.

"It still affects me to this day," he replied. Then he stood up and exhaled. "You don't need to know about that, though. Mind if I take you home? I don't want you to get lost."

He offered his hand to you, and you reached out and took it. For some reason, you felt comforted by his warm hand around yours. You told him the directions to your house and he led you out of the forest, through the village, and to your house. Along the way, the two of you chatted a bit, although it was mostly you talking about yourself because Garmadon didn't seem too keen on saying much about his life.

Finally, you arrived at your doorstep.

"Thanks for escorting me," you said to Garmadon. You noticed that your previous exasperation with him had melted away.