Kai x Reader #2 - Secret Diary

Author's Notes - This story is pretty long compared to my others but I usually like to include more plot to my stories than just the romance [unlike my previous story...;P] Have fun!

You loved writing in your diary every day. Your best friend had given it to you as a gift for your last birthday, and it had a sleek [favorite color] cover. You brought it with you everywhere you went for writing down your deepest thoughts... and lately, you had been writing about a certain red ninja an awful lot.

A few weeks ago, Kai had rescued you when a ride at the amusement park had broken down--in fact, there was a recount of the event in your diary--and ever since you had seen his cocky smile and spiky burgundy hair, you couldn't stop thinking about him. As the days passed and you thought about how courageous he was, you felt your affections for him grow stronger and stronger until you realized you had a crush. You had seen and talked to the ninjas a few times since then, but sadly you never got the chance to spend quality time with Kai. He was so fantastic and heroic and popular, so you knew you didn't have a chance with him, but just doing something fun together would be enough...

One day, with your diary tucked away in your backpack as usual, you visited the very same amusement park that you originally met Kai at. You didn't really go on any of the rides this time; you were just looking around and enjoying the cheerful atmosphere. You were sort of lost in thoughts about Kai, because the place brought back memories of your first encounter with him.

After a while, the smell of cotton candy in the air gave you a craving for it. So, you decided to make your way over to a cotton candy vendor. But what you saw when you got there was even better than candy; to your surprise, you saw the ninjas already there!

"Hi again!" you cried, waving at them excitedly.

The group turned and looked at you in confusion.

"Uh... hi?" said Cole, before taking a bite out of the cotton candy he was holding.

You struggled to keep your frustration in check. The ninjas didn't recognize you!

Then Kai spoke. "Come on you guys, it's [Y/N], remember?"

Your frustration melted away into delight. At least your favorite ninja remembered you! He truly was the best.

"Sorry!" Jay apologized with a shameful chuckle. "It's just that we meet so many people, sometimes it's hard to keep track of who's who."

An idea popped into your mind. Maybe if you visited the ninjas' home, you would be able to get closer to them--and more importantly, closer to Kai. You weren't sure how they'd react, but you might as well ask, right?

You cleared your throat. "Hey, um... I was wondering... could I come over to your place sometime? Just for the day?"

To your disappointment, they all looked doubtful. "If our fans find out we let you in, everyone will be begging to visit us," Lloyd pointed out.

You clamped your hands together and begged. "Aw, pleeease! I swear I won't tell! Plus, I'm pretty awesome at video games, so it would be fun to play together!"

Cole put a hand to his chin. "Hmm, Jay is getting too easy to beat, so it would be good to have a challenge for once," he said, and you could tell he was trying to keep laughter out of his voice.

"Not true!" Jay hissed.

You waited desperately for the ninjas to decide on an answer. You glanced at Kai and you noticed that he appeared to be deep in thought. A small smile crossed his face as he looked at something ahead of him.

"I know a way we can decide if [Y/N] gets to visit or not!" Kai declared, and everyone turned to look at him. You held your breath as you waited for what he would say. He began walking, with you and the ninjas following him. Soon you noticed where he was taking you.