4: She's British

"Hello class," Ms.Therese greeted.

It was now science class, and the day was pretty dull. We were continuing to get to know each other. It seemed like we were spending an awful lot of time getting to know each other. Shouldn't the getting to know each other part be saved for when we actually start living together?

"So...," Conner began. "do you like your family? Do they, like, communicate well? Or like, do they come to school to check your grades?" he asked. That's a pretty, odd question.

"Um my family..... well my paps is cool to me. And my brother is a big bug but I still love him," I said chuckling. 

"What about your mom?" he asked. 

"Oh," I replied with a pause. "Well my mom died in a car crash when I was two."

He sighed and placed his face in his palms. "I'm really sorry, I'm sorry I brought it up."

"No, it's fine. I can hardly remember her so I'm already comfortable talking about it," I assured.

"It's okay. My mom is divorced, so I haven't seen my other parent in a while either. I have an older brother and sister," he said.

 "Oh, I'm sorry," I replied to him trying to sound more sincere. I didn't want it to sound like I was pitying him, because I wasn't.

 "No, it's okay. I guess it was for the best. Their marriage wasn't really working out," he said a bit quieter.

He quickly changed the subject.

"What kind of music do you listen to?" he said in a different tone. 

"I basically like any I guess."

"Really? I'm not into everything. But I like music. I don't really have a particular style or genre," he said casually.

I tried to think of something else we could talk about, but my mind was totally blank.

"Um, do you like anyone?" he asked randomly.

"No, just you,"  I thought, which was a pretty weird thought because 1. I actually don't like Conner that way if I'm being one-hundred percent honest with myself and 2. It sounded like the biggest cliche ever so why not think it anyway.

"No one...." I said awkwardly.

"Sorry for the random question. A lot of people ask me that so yeah..." he said trailing off.

"Okay then. Do you like anyone?"

His expression turned into realization as he was looking down at his hands, then he lifted up his head and hesitated before speaking.

"I, no," he said blandly.

"Liar," I said to him, catching him by surprise. I am not afraid to call him out on his lies.

"Ugh, no I don't," he grumbled.

I looked down at him as he faced his head down and fiddled with his fingers.

"What?" he asked me.

"You like somebody. No lies. I barely know you and I could already tell that you're horrible at lying."

"Fine," he gave in. "I do like someone. Her name is Isabel and she's from England. She's very outgoing and she's pretty popular. She's athletic,and she is a bit weird," he said as he described her. You could see the sparkles in his eyes and the wrinkles by the ends of his eyes as he smiled and you could tell that he really liked this girl.

But then again disappointment rushed over me. Again, I don't like this dude, but you sort of get that disappointing feeling when you're slightly chill with someone and they just don't fall for you. This statement is actually saying a lot of bad things about my ego, but it's the truth.

I knew who she was. She was athletic, and she's weird but she makes it all look cool. She's pretty, but you can't hear her British accent all that much which is kind of sad. It's like she's trying to get rid of her roots to appear normal in America. Black layered and curly hair and about a centimeter taller than me. She's in my gym class, and in our track team, and she's faster than me. She is outgoing and popular, and I bet everyone drools over her. She's not mean, and in fact she's nice and popular. She's a part of the populars, a part of the mains.

I brushed the thought off and started to try to think of what else to say.

"Oh yeah, Isabel is in my gym class. She's pretty fun and cool, and she's in our track team," I replied. "You must really like her," I said, trying to cover up the hurt in my voice. I knew he liked someone, and that someone is not me.

"Yeah, she is."

For a few moments we were in complete and awkward silence. He finally spoke up.

"Um, so, what are your plans in life? Dreams, imaginations, wishes, fears?" he asked with a hint of interest in his voice.

"You sound like a magician trying to convince me to attend his show later on a Saturday night that starts late at night who's promising me an amazing night of wonder and such," I replied.

"That is strangely a specific comparison," he laughed, "but it's so accurate."

"Well, I guess I should start. Dreams? Something crazy, like I wish to find the one and fall in love. I plan on becoming successful in life, but not to let the fame and money get to my head. Being famous is a big exaggeration in this, but the money is a goal but I actually don't think money matters really. I wish for my family, friends and I to stay safe. I have fears of being alone," I told and began to trail off.

"What about your imaginations?" he asked.

"Oh," I said as I pondered for a bit. "Well, like a lot of people, I want to be in a world with no worries. Just like a bird, I want to fly off into the never ending blue sky and have no troubles or worries, and I hope someone will be with me on the way," I said smiling to myself as I played with my pen.

He looked at me with a small smile on his face. I'm so embarrassing. I faced my head more down and a hint of red snuck up on my cheeks.

"Sorry, that was a bit weird right?" I said in a whisper voice. I bet he didn't hear me.

"No, I like the idea," he said. Correction: he did hear me.

"So, care to tell me your answer?"

In about five minutes I could have heard everything. Conner was about ready to tell me all his plans in life, dreams, imaginations, wishes, and fears. This topic seemed to be very, how you say, personal. Our entire conversation seemed to get deeper each time. 

Unfortunately for me, our bonding time was cut short and class was officially over.

The bell rang, the day went on, and I was now at home.

I planned on packing tonight and tomorrow, and I would spend the weekend with my family before I leave the house.

I had called Trina, but she was in a situation, so I was alone at home.

My dear brother Thomas was out with his friends at the mall. My dad had night shift today and was running errands. And I am here, packing stuff.

In my luggage, I put in a picture of my family and I, some of my clothes, two pairs of shoes, a little bit of my jewelry, my comb, shampoo, and soap. My towel, my beanie, my winter coat, one of my jackets (because I was currently wearing one of them), and my puppy stuffed animal (don't judge me) were also added along to my items.

I was ready to fall asleep until my cellphone began to ring.

"Hello?" I answered while yawning.

"Hello, Anna-Bee?"

"Yes Trina?" I asked with a tired voice.

"Help."

A/N:Is anyone reading? Oh well the use comment, follow, etc. I'm trying my best. This chapter is not edited.

-Sparta