10 Starting Prompts

Here are some starting ideas to help you get....well, started!!

1.) You're in the woods with a friend, he/she runs off and as you are looking for him/her, you shout "Marco!" as a joke, and hear at least twenty voices surrounding you respond,
Polo."  

What happens next? How did you get there? Who is the friend?

2.) Describe the days of the week as if they are people.

3.) One minute you are standing in your bedroom, then the next you are standing in a living room surrounded by three demons. They drop their Ouija board and scream as they run to their bathroom and lock the door. "I told you we shouldn't have touched it!"

4.) At birth, everyone has the date they are supposed to die tattooed onto their arm. You were supposed to die yesterday.

5.) A little girl is terrified of the monster under her bed, but what she doesn't know is that the monster under her bed protects her from the true monsters--her parents.

6.) While cleaning your attic you find a box full of glass balls with names on them. You accidentally drop one and as soon as it shatters, a person appears. 

7.) When you were a child you witnessed your parents be murdered by a delusional man/woman who claimed to be a time traveller. You thought he was crazy, but as you get older you notice that your best friend is starting to look eerily similar to your parents killer. 

8.) You find a stack of "Missing Persons" news clippings under your parents bed. All with your photo. 

9.) When someone's heart breaks so does a piece of our world; this creates fissures, valleys, and even cracks in the pavement. Tell the story behind the Grand Canyon.

10.) The Villain and the Hero are siblings and they still have dinner at mom and dad's for the holidays. 

Hope these prompt ideas help you out!! :)