Counterattack: I'm sorry - Part 6

The past couple of days have been like a whirlwind. Every single thing that he did seemed to go wrong. He could feel how everyone in the workplace were avoiding him. Well, how could they not...with the black face and temper that he was showing, no one dared to approach him.

"The traitor!", he thought angrily, as his mind went back to thinking about Suo Wei. "I should have known that everyone is just sucking up to me for the connection and money." He pushed the thought aside and went back to work...or tried to at least. He turned around as he heard someone shouted his name.

"Chi Cheng!!"

"What do you wa..?!"

"You bastard!!"

Chi Cheng did not even manage to finish his sentence. One minute he was standing upright and the next, he found himself on the floor, cradling his jaw. He looked up to see Xiaoshuai in front of him.

"What the heck do you think you're doing?!" Chi Cheng said in disbelief.

"How dare you! How dare you treat him this way?! Do you know how hurt he is right now?" shouted Xiaoshuai.

"What? You mean Suo Wei? He deserves it! He cheated on me!"

"Are you seriously listening to yourself right now? Do you even know Suo Wei well? If you do, you would never think this way."

"You want proof? Take a look at this!" Chi Cheng said in disgust as he threw the photos that Ah Meng gave him previously.

Xiaoshuai took the photos, look over them and then glared at Chi Cheng in disbelief. "These are your proof?? Do you know what these photos are of? These are photos of Suo Wei and me after he got drunk at a bar one night. How could you even think that he and I....we are best friends...you should know that..."

"Take a good look! That is me in the photos. Suo Wei was too drunk to stand upright and I was just holding him up." Xiaoshuai said as he dropped the photos onto the ground.

Slowly, Chi Cheng picked up the photos and stared hard at it, in hope and also horror as he finally realised the mistake that he made. "That is you in the photos...? But I..I thought..I thought..."

"Whatever you thought, you thought wrong! You don't deserve Suo Wei. Stay away from him."