Counterattack: I'm sorry - Part 11

Time seemed to pass by slowly as Suo Wei tried to calm himself. His rapid breathing has now slowed down and he was trying hard to control his anxiety. He had panicked. When he turned around and saw Chi Cheng with his hand outstretched, he had experienced a flashback of that time when Chi Cheng had... had hit him. In fear of being hit, he had taken a step back... and another... and here he was now, leaning right against the drawer... as far as he could from Chi Cheng. He knew he shouldn't be afraid of him. Chi Cheng had even apologised. He... he just...

"I'm sorry, Chi Cheng. I... I... I don't know what came over me..." Suo Wei stuttered out, as he looked towards Chi Cheng who was sitting at the edge of the bed.

"You're afraid of... of me, aren't you?"

"N-No! I... I just didn't want to get hit again... that's all."

"Can I... can I go nearer to you?"

- - - - -

Suo Wei nodded his head, not being able to trust his own voice right now. While on one hand he wanted Chi Cheng to stay away from him, another part of him wanted to reassure Chi Cheng (and himself too) that he was not afraid. But he knew he was lying to himself by the fact that his heart was now pounding crazily as Chi Cheng got nearer and nearer. He thinks that Chi Cheng could sense it because just as he was closed to panicking again, Chi Cheng had stopped at about an arm's length away.

"I'm sorry, Suo Wei. I'm sorry that I hit you, sorry that I didn't believe you and  sorry that I had chased you out of the house. I'm sorry that you had to go through all this pain just because I was a jealous bastard. You don't have to be afraid of me. I will never hurt you again, ever! Please... please give us another chance."

Suo Wei stared at Chi Cheng in surprise and shock. That was the most number of "Sorry" that Chi Cheng had ever said to him. And his face... his face showed the guilt... the regret... and the promise that he would never ever do it again.

"I... I believe you. It's just... it's just that I will need some time."

"I understand. You can take as much time as you need. I'll wait."

"O-okay" Suo Wei said with relief, as he looked up shyly at Chi Cheng. "Let's... let's go home."