Counterattack: I'm sorry - Part 8

Chi Cheng walked in a daze as he followed Xiaoshuai from behind, along the corridors of the hospital. Doctors, nurses and patients past by but he paid no heed to any of them. His mind was filled with questions but he was too shocked to react. He didn't even realised that Xiaoshuai had led them to a room and had stopped in front of the door.

"Suo Wei came to me... to the clinic, on the day you fought. I don't know how long he walked but by the time I found him, he was soaked and shivering."

"I believe that after the fight you had, he walked through the night in the heavy downpour." Xiaoshuai said bitterly. "Silly of him, right?"

Chi Cheng took a step back in surprise as Xiaoshuai turned to face him, a murderous look on his face.

"I have brought you here because Suo Wei needs you." Xiaoshuai gritted out. "You've got this chance. Make it right."

Chi Cheng stood still as Xiaoshuai walked away. He got it. He really did. He knew that this was all his fault. If he just hadn't been rash...If he just had trusted his lover more...

Slowly, Chi Cheng took a step forward and reached out for the door. He took a deep breath and went in. He didn't know how to face Suo Wei but one look at the hospital bed had him moving towards his lover.

As he knelt down beside the bed, he held his lover's hand in his and stared at his pale face... a tear slipping down his cheek.