•|| Back Fires ||•

Melody • POV •

"Ya today is the last day I will be in this school..."

"Awww! I know we both hate this school! But why?!" I asked Gabie.

"My mom thinks this school will influence me in a bad way... Since I told her about the type of people here." She explained.

"Lucky! I hate this school!!"

" We can still talk to each other since we live in the same apartment building !" She said trying to cheer me up.

"Talk about talking... Can you please talk to ship one last time?! Please for me!!" I practically shouted at her.

"Ok one last time for you..." She sighed at me.

"Yay!! Wait since today is your last day we could tell every secret we could to each other!" I said as she nods in agreement.

"Ok first thing... You know that I went to this school before right?" I nodded.

"Ya... Chris was in my class before... He was much more nicer than as of now Chris."

"And?"

"Well I love him... Even now... Something about him just make me happy! Even though now Chris is a fvck boi "

"Wow! To be honest I thought you hated him!" I said as I laugh.

"But beside that, you would talk about him a lot."

"Wait... how about my ship?!" I shouted at her, pretending to be hurt.

"Well... I have a tiny crush on him... A little!!! " She emphasized on "little".

"Well he does wink at you, which people say it's rare even for him. He always talk to you." I explain about Deven.

"He also winks at you! And talk to you too!" She says trying to say he doesn't like her.

"Maybe he is trying to get close to me, getting information about you?!" I try to counter attack her.

"True..."

"Ok to be honest, I like him... just 4/10." I said trying to hold in my blush.

"But, don't you remember when he gave me that little stuff toy he gave me? What was going on in your mind?" She ask.

"I was kinda sad when he gave it to you... I even asked can I have it. He was teasing me." I explained my feelings.

"My plans back fired at me! Even though my shipping was true... I was trying to ignore my little crush on him by shipping..." I said having a ping of sadness on my voice.

Deven was very funny, he always try to talk to me, but fails because of my hidden feelings.

He is a slow runner though...

Nevertheless, he has a beautiful green eyes and dirty brown blond hair.

"Hello? Earth to Melody!"

"Oh sorry..."

"As I was saying, he should have gave that to you! I feel so bad... "

"No you shouldn't! He was helping my ship... But really, I'm such a good matchmaker!" Trying to hide my sad sounding voice.

"Wow... Now to think about it... I do kinda like him, but not as much as Chris though" Now she is trying to hide the fact that she is guilty about maybe Deven likes her too.

"Yo we are here at school now!" I pointed at the school.

Talk about the devil!

"Hey Deven what's up?" Gabie said as she waved at him.

"The sky!" I shouted at her as she and Deven laughs.

"You dumby! " I pretended to blame her.

"Wait... Deven today is Gabie's last day."

"Really? What school are you going to?" He asked her.

Now coming to think of it, I didn't ask her.

"I forgot to ask you that!"

"Oh I'm going to a private school called 'Sky hights academy '." She explained as we walk to our lockers.

"Lucky! I went to a private school my whole elementary school life." I said when I started to think about my old private schools.

"Same private or did you move schools?" Deven asked me which surprised me since he doesn't really ask me about my life.

"I switched only twice the whole elementary."

" My first grade school was the death of me and my 2-5 grade school was awesome! So have you guys ever been to a private school?"

"I never went to that type of school." Deven said.

"Well this will be the first time I will ever go to one, I had a tour around the school and met some of the students there."

"Gabie and Melody can you sit with me at lunch, I need to talk to you guys?"Deven ask us.

"Ya sure" Gabie and I said in unison.

"Ok thanks! Talk to ya guys later."He said as he left us to go to class early.

"I'm just waiting for him to confess to you now!"

Gabie starts to whisper in my ear.

"Don't you like him?!"

" Ya but, my ship!!" I whispered back to her.

"Let's just go to class." She says as we take our stuff and start to walk to our home room.

-

* Ring *

"Ok luch time! More like confess time!"

"Wow... just no..." Gabie pretends to be disappointed at me.

"Thank you! Thanks you!" I bow each time.

I still feel sad...

Everything back fires at me when I try to hide anything.

-

We got our lunch.

We spot Deven , he sees us and waves at us.

We walk to him as the students that know Gabie kept saying stuff like " We'll miss you!" Or "Don't forget about us" .

"Well Gabie since you are leaving... I had feelings for you..."

There was a long pause.

"Will you go out with me?" He finally had the courage to do it.

"Yes!" Gabie said hesitantly.

I had tears spilling in my eyes.

"Are you ok?!" Gabie looked at me.

"I'm just so happy!" I lied trying to hide the fact that I actually liked him and I'm sad.

"Why?" Deven and Gabie asked at the same time which in return made both of them blush a little.

"My ship ! Duh?!" I lied again, the tears started to stop spilling out of my face.

"Wow... Just wow..." Sean just gave up on me at this point.

"My matchmaking skills are on point!" I shouted.

"Well... Gabie here's my phone number, call or text me! Talk to you guys later!" He said as he left us to go back to his normal table.

"I'm so happy for you guys!" I just keep lying.

Everything just back fires...

Happy endings don't exist...