Chapter Twenty

"Suton (n.) twilight; the approach of death or the end of something."

The ride to the warehouse was quiet; everyone was lost in their own heads. Bucky sat next to Erin in the back of a transport truck, Steve, Wanda, and Fury on the other side. They had taken two, each coming from either direction of the warehouse. The rest of the team was located inside the other one.

Once the building was in sight, Erin prepared herself to move into position. She started to feel for the electric current that lit up the building, looking for its sources and testing to see how hard it would be to take out. What she felt so far was manageable, which didn't necessarily make her feel better. The energy was different from the last time they were here and it didn't help settle the uneasy feeling in Erin's stomach.

"Alright, everyone knows their positions," Steve said, "Are you ready Buck?" He turned to his friend. 

Bucky simply nodded.

Erin looked at him and he turned towards her. Everything is going to be fine. He seemed to say to her in silent communication.

Erin nodded her head. She reached for his metal hand and gently took it in her own for one moment and then let go.

"Erin," Steve said, "It's time to work your magic."

Erin nodded and closed her eyes. Inside her head, an electric current map appeared. There were multiple generators that were running the building. She dug deeper and deeper into the pit in her stomach and gently pushed against it.

The warehouse lost power right where she wanted it. Apparently Dr. Krav had done some upgrades since they last broke into his little hideout. There were now working keycards on each entry of the building. Erin just took them all out.

The truck came to a stop and they all quietly piled out of the back.

"Can everyone hear me?" Steve asked into his bluetooth earpiece that connected everyone.

"Roger Cap," Sam said so everyone could hear, "Ha-ha, see what I did there?" He laughed at himself.

"Hilarious," Natasha said back.

"Is everyone in position?" Steve pushed on.

Everyone confirmed one way or another. "Okay," Steve continued, "Everyone knows the plan. Let's go."

*****

In the darkness, they all started towards the warehouse. Bucky broke away from the group, going towards the main entrance to do his part. As Erin watched him walked away, the bad feeling in her stomach only grew. They were not all making it out of this unscathed.

Erin and Fury broke away from Wanda and Steve to cover the entry they had studied. As she had hoped, the card readers were out and she was able to open the door with little effort. She hoped everyone else was able to do the same.

Erin gave Fury a nod before they started to walk down a dark entry hall. The only thing that lit the corridor was an exit sign and a silent red light that lit up the walls every few feet.

"Bucky how are you doing?" Steve asked quietly through the com piece.

"Well the main entry was pretty much deserted, no sign of guards. I'm headed down another hallway now to-"

His line went dead.

"Bucky?" Erin said panic in her voice. She was going to be sick.