the one with coldplay

Author's Note: Happy 1st of October guys! This chapter is somehow like Maine's US trip recently, when she watched Adele's and Coldplay's concert. Dinagdagan ko lang ng konti as how I imagine her and RJ watching it. Ayun. I hope you enjoy this one! Comments are very much appreciated. You can leave it here or tweet me @fymaichard 😊

_____

RJ / July 30, 2016

Nakapagpahinga kami ng mga ilang araw ni Maine, after almost 2 weeks of travelling from Hawaii to Alaska and then here at California. Kami na rin muna ang nagbantay kay Matti since may pasok sina Ate Nikki and Kuya John sa trabaho.

Yesterday, we went to see Adele at the Staples Center. Wala talaga to sa plano pero knowing Maine, na mabilis mag-isip, bumili siya agad ng tickets for the 2nd show.

We bought a whole bag full of merchandise, which consists of a shirt, her latest album, and a cap.

We weren't really a fan of Adele but it's really a good idea to watch her live because she's really a good singer. Inaasar pa nga ako ni Maine nung kumanta si Adele ng Someone Like You, sinasabayan niya pa. Minsan tong kasama ko ang sarap batukan eh.

We were in awe of how a good singer Adele is. Parang may sakit pa yata siya pero yung singing voice niya, wow.

She closed the show with Chasing Pavements, Maine's favorite song of hers. Habang patapos na yung kanta, bumagsak na yung confetti. Sabay pa kaming nagulat ni Maine kasi for every piece, there's words from her songs. Ang nakuha ko, a line from Someone Like You, which was 'regrets and mistakes they're memories made' medyo sakto yata. Maine got a line from Chasing Pavements  (na ikinatuwa naman niya talaga) which was 'Should I give up, or should I just keep chasing pavements even if it leads nowhere'.

Tahimik si Maine on our uber ride home.

"Okay ka lang, Meng?" I asked her. Paglabas kasi namin galing sa Staples, tahimik na siya.

"Oo naman, ano ka ba. Okay lang ako. Pagod lang siguro," she rested her head on my shoulder. "Padantay ako ah."

"Anytime, Maine."

______

RJ / July 31, 2016

Nagising ako dahil dun sa malakas na boses ni Chris Martin. Akala ko nananaginip pa rin ako na pinanonood ko na sila ng live, sa harap pa mismo, pero nagising nga ako sa kwarto. Nilakasan lang pala ni Maine yung volume ng ipod niya.

"Ang aga mo naman yatang nagising," sabi ko sa kanya habang kumakain ng breakfast. "8am pa lang ah?"

"Nakapahinga ako eh. Kahit late na tayo natulog kagabi, feeling ko ang fresh ng pakiramdam ko."

"Pansin ko nga. Iniwan mo ko dun sa kwarto eh."

"Sus. Nakatulog ka naman ng maayos ah! Di na nga kita pinatulog sa couch."

"Pinatabi mo nga ako sayo pero ang likot mo namang matulog."

"Hoy! Arti arti mo pa. Ayaw na lang mag-thank you."

"Edi thank you, madam."

"Ewan ko sayo."

"Nasaan sina Ate Nikki?"

"Umalis sila. Pumunta dun sa reunion ng college friends ni Kuya John."

***

One week din kaming nakapagpahinga ni Maine kaya naman ngayon, parang nakalulon ng sandamakmak na energy drink tong dragonang kasama ko.

"Huy, bilisan mo diyan RJ! Nag-open na yung gates!"

Dumating kami dito sa Rose Bowl Stadium ng mga bandang 8pm, three hours after nag-open yung gates. Pero hindi ako makakilos. Coldplay is my favorite band, OUR favorite band. Kung ako hindi makakilos sa sobrang excitement, si Maine naman parang kiti-kiti, hindi malaman kung anong gagawin.

Like what we did yesterday, we bought something from the merch store for souvenirs. Maine bought a shirt and a cap, while I bought a shirt, a hoodie and a cap. She wore the shirt while I wore the hoodie when we went inside the stadium.

After we found our seats, we settled in and our eyes roamed around the area. Sobrang daming tao, lahat excited to see the band. We were given xylobands for the night, na alam ko iilaw kapag magsisimula na yung show.

So when the xylobands lit up, everybody started screaming, including Maine. She started screaming and crying and screaming and.... still crying.

I know how important Coldplay is for her. She listens to them everyday, at alam kong dream niya talaga to see them perform live. Eversince the band started, she was there. I think she loves them more than me. Joke lang.

I draped my arm over her shoulder and she rested her head on it. I know she was happy, and I feel happy too. Seeing them perform live with Maine is one of the things I wanted to fulfill in my life, and I'm really glad I did it.

Two weeks with her made me realize something. That it's better to seize the moment. Carpe diem, as they say.

When they started singing Yellow, it was the moment Maine cried her heart out. It was her favorite song.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked her while handing her my handkerchief.

Kinuha niya yung panyo ko tapos nagpunas ng luha niya, pero overflowing talaga eh. "Okay lang ako. Sobrang saya ko lang, RJ."

"Savor the moment, Maine. It's worth it."

***

They had 23 songs for their setlist that night and for every song, we were singing along with them. Everybody does. Even the xylobands were synced with every song. The show was lit, literally, with more or less a hundred thousand lights all over the stadium. It was amazing. And there were the laser lights and fireworks. Amazed na amazed si Maine dun sa fireworks eh.

It was their last song for the night, Fix You, and we both can't help but cry. We were crying because of happiness, Coldplay was amazing. Ngayon lang ako nanood ng concert na umiyak ng ilang beses. Surreal na mapanood yung paborito mong banda na tumugtog live. Si Maine halos buong concert, umiiyak.

Kaya naman dito sa last song, I gave Maine a back hug. She rested her head on my chest tapos sinasabayan namin yung kanta.

Nagkatinginan kami ni Maine sa bandang chorus, habang kumakanta. She was singing the song while looking at me, straight into my eyes. It was like she's telling something to my soul, and I feel something which is I know a bad idea, but I can't help but feel it anyway. Am I falling in love with her?

"Lights will guide you home..."

"And ignite your bones..."

"And I will try... to fix you..."