the one with laura

RJ / September 29, 2016

It's been one month and two weeks since I went home from the States. After that night, hindi na rin kami nakapag-usap ni Maine. She went home, packed her bags and booked a flight back to California. I tried to talk to her, pero ayaw niyang makipag-usap sa akin. Kinausap ko na rin si Ate Niki but she asked me to just let her be.

I tried sending her an email but she didn't respond. I tried sending her a message on her social media accounts pero na-seenzoned lang ako. Hindi niya talaga ako pinapansin. I still see her post from time to time pero yung reply sa akin? Wala.

Hindi na rin siya sumama sa akin para dito sa kasal ni Czarina, for obvious reasons. Alam ko naman na galit pa din siya sa akin.

I admit, nag-aalala ako kay Maine. Nagkakagalit kami dati, oo. Pero we patch things up so easily. This is the first time that we fought about something and not talk about it afterwards. I know this is a much different situation than the others.

Laura and I, on the other hand, patched things up. I love her, she loves me. When we broke up a few months ago, she didn't say anything at all on why she's breaking up with me. Sinubukan ko pa nga siyang habulin to ask her why pero hindi ko na siya inabot. I tried calling her a lot of times but she's not responding, at all. I respected that. I'm happy that we patched things up though, she's been a part of my life for six years and nothing can change that. But I can feel that something has changed in our relationship. Definitely.

Ngayon, nandito na kami sa wedding reception ni Czarina. It was a beautiful wedding. Si Matthew Montecillo pala yung napangasawa niya, my varsity teammate in High School.

"RJ! Oh my god, thank you so much for doing our wedding!" Czarina told me as she kissed me on my cheek.

I smiled at her. "Wala yun. By the way, si Laura. Girlfriend ko."

"Nice to meet you."

Czarina was shocked upon hearing the word girlfriend. "Girlfriend mo?"

"Yes, may problema ba?"

She smiled awkwardly, and I felt uncomfortable. "Wala naman. Akala ko lang kasi kayo ni Maine. I saw your IG posts kasi!" She turned to Laura. "Sorry, girl. But you look good together! Maiwan ko na muna kayo ha?"

Let's say Laura was in a bad mood until the end of the night.

***

RJ / October 16, 2016

Nasa studio ako para ayusin yung wedding photos nina Czarina when Laura barged into my office.

"Babe, tara let's have lunch. Sunday naman ngayon eh. Why are you even working?"

"I have to finish this, babe. Nag-leave na kasi si Dani kaya ako na tatapos nito."

"Whose photos are those ba?"

"Czarina and Matthew's."

I saw her frown when I mentioned Czarina. "What's the problem babe?"

"I just don't like that friend of yours."

"Why?"

"Nakakabastos kaya yung ginawa niya on her wedding. I was there! Tapos sasabihin niya akala niya kayo ni Maine? Ugh."

"Hindi naman niya sinasadya. Hindi naman niya kasi alam."

"Kahit na. How rude of her to say that in front of me."

"Laura, that was two weeks ago. Kalimutan mo na yun."

"I can't just let that pass, Chard. Nabastos ako eh!"