Chapter 5

You skip the rest of your classes and go to a beautiful crystal clear lake. You take off your shoes and stick your feet in the water. It is pretty warm and so soothing. You close your eyes while everything washes away. Your head clears itself of all your problems. So what if your a vampire. You think your a pretty awesome one. You haven't hurt anyone.... now. Your tears have now disappeared. A smile appears on your face. Your hair flows in the water breeze and sparkles in the sunlight. You can't remember the last time you just relaxed like this. The sounds around you are so peaceful.

"Hey."

You whip your head around. The sun reflects itself in your eyes once they land on Shiki. The smile becomes more bright. Your heart speeds up but not too fast. Everything around you remains calm. Shiki kneels beside you.

"Are you alright?" he asks.

"Yeah," you down at your reflection in the water. "I just needed to calm my head."

You both stay quiet after that. You relax even more. You lay back onto the sand. You look up at the sky. The clouds float above you. You really want to ride on one. Be like the Cloud Goddess. You giggle on the inside. There is a cloud that looks like a heart. A little bit is chipped off. It reminds you of your own. Yet, your still able to put on a smile. The past keeps coming back to haunt you, but a smile still keeps coming back on your face. You glance at Shiki. Maybe he has something to do with it. Ever since that day, he's kept you going even though he hasn't been there physically. Your heart keeps making sure you remember him even when you want to forget. You love him.

Shiki walks you home to make sure you get there safely. He even slips his hand into yours while blushing. You smile and hold his hand tightly. You never want to let him go again. Since the day you first touched his hand, you were determined to get him. He's everything to you. Without him, what would really keep you going? You get to your house. Your heart slows down. Your smile vanishes. You know what has to happen now. You have to let go of his hand. You don't want to. You actually made it this far. Shiki slowly lets go of your hand.

"Shiki?" you say nervously.

"Yeah?" he holds back a smile.

"I need to tell you why I was really crying that day," you fight back the tears forming in your eyes.

Shiki bites his lip and nods.

"I'm sorry I lied to you, but I'm really scared of what you will think of me if I tell you," your voice becomes shaky. "That day when you helped me. That was also the same day I killed my family," you reveal your vampire fangs to him.

He stays silent.

"I'm really sorry to keep this a secret from you," you can't fight back the tears anymore, so you just let them rain down your cheeks. "I understand if you hate me. I just really wanted to get that out of the way before I begin getting too close to any of you."

"I see," he swallows. Then he begins blushing. "Do your fangs hurt?" He quickly shakes his head. "Sorry." He stops and smiles, "I don't hate you. Thank you for being honest with me."

You blink the last bit of tears away as his words catch up to you. Your heart speeds up. Your face becomes hot and red. Your really surprised by this answer, but at the same time, your not. You want to hug him so tight, but you hold yourself back.

"Thank you, Shiki," you smiles brightly. "I lo--"

You catch yourself. You quickly close your mouth and 'casually' walk into your house. You peek out the window to watch him disappear into the sunset. You sigh in relief. You almost said it, but you figure it wasn't the right time anyway.