Chapter 27

The day of the festival has finally arrived. And of course, you had to do all the cooking. Shiki kept blowing everything up. You decided to make everything in your cook book while Shiki did the shopping. You and Shiki walk over to your station. Rem explains all you have to do. He soon walks away. Shiki sets up everything and comes up with the prices for each food item. You watch all the people walk around. You serve the food to all the people because you don't really trust Shiki around it. You really don't need him destroying everything.

All of a sudden, you see people running and screaming. Shiki quickly stands up and pushes you behind him. Your vampire instincts kick in. Light swirls around you, but it's red this time. When the light disappears, your vampire outfit is different. You have black leather pants with a black tank top. Red string twirls around you.

"Get everyone out of here!" you command.

You run in the opposite direction of everyone else. Soon you reach the spot. Bodies of students lay lifeless and motionless on the ground. All the blood has been sucked out of them. An airy laugh is heard in the darkness.

"I'm so sorry to come unannounced Princess," the thing says. "I finally got my army ready."

A herd of vampires step out of the darkness, surrounding you. You smirk.

"Sending out your body guards because your too weak to fight for yourself."

"You're right, Princess," the old vampire says as he appears in front of you. "As you know, my legs do not work."

"You have magic, right? So just use them," you say.

The old vampire's lips curl into a bigger smile. "Sweet Princess. My magic will not work on you. Your parents placed a spell on you when you were just a baby. All magic is worthless against you."

"Is that so?" you ask.

The old vampire raises his hand and sings. A vampires head begins to twist. He begins to scream as the head comes clean off his body. The vampire's limp body falls to the ground. Then another vampire's head comes off. Then another. Then another.

"What are you doing?!" you yell.

The old vampire stops singing when the last vampire falls. He lifts his dull, faded eyes.

"You were going to do the same thing, were you not?" the old vampire grins.

"Don't let him get to you (Y/N)!" Shiki yells while running towards you. "You're nothing like him."

You smile then glare at the old vampire. "You're right. I would've done the same thing you did. But I would've done it way better. I know how to use my bare hands."

You push yourself forward and swing a punch at th old vampire, but,of course, he dodges it.

"My my, Princess. You certainly will be tough to beat. But traitors like you deserve to die!" Fangs grow out of his mouth.

He grabs your arm and pulls you towards him.

"You must be punished!" he yells.

He sinks his teeth into your neck. You feel something painful flow through your body. Screaming, you fall to the ground.

"You bastard!" Shiki yells.

His body shivers in anger. His black angel wings force their way through his back. His outfit changes into a two piece joker outfit. He even has the hat. No time to think about that now. That damn old vampire is doing something to you, but what? Shiki jumps off the ground, flapping his wings. He stops and falls towards the old vampire. Everything goes black. You feel your heart stop. Your body forces you up. You raise your hand and feel it go through something. Liquid runs down your arm. Your vision comes back to your hand through Shiki's chest. Your body begins to shake. Betrayal is in Shiki's eyes. You betrayed him. He is trying to help you. You slowly slide your head out of his chest.

"Shiki," you say while tears fall down your cheeks, "I didn't mean to."

Shiki falls to the ground, motionless. Blood spills out of his chest. You rip off the bottom of your dress and wrap it around Shiki's wound. Luckily, Rem runs over.

"Take him to safety!" you call out.

Rem immediately picks up Shiki and rushes him away. You glare at the old vampire while flames burn in your eyes. You slowly stand up. Every step you take forward, makes you more and more angry. No one should have to suffer just because you screwed up in the past. If all he wants to do is kill you. Then so be it. You fall to your knees in front of the old vampire.

"Just end it," you say while bowing.

The old vampire places his disgusting hands on your head. "That would be to easy Princess. I have something much bigger planned."

Then he disappears.