Chapter 22

"What are you doing out here?" you open your eyes to see Shiki hovering over you.

You sit up on the grass. You rub the sleepiness from your eyes. You stretch out and look at Shiki.

"I was trying to leave, then I met Urie. He said some stuff, and I just chilled out here," you yawn.

Shiki takes your hand and pulls you up. He looks over at your luggage.

"Why do you want to leave?" he asks.

"Um... well," you swallow a lump stuck in your throat. "The day before I met you. My vampire side came out, and I ended up killing me family and a little girl I never knew. And it happens every year, and the time is about to arrive again. I don't want to hurt anyone."

You can't stop a few tears from falling down your cheeks. Shiki wraps his arms around and holds you close. The tight embrace helps you calm down. Your body just relaxes in his arms.

"We will get through this together," he whispers while holding you tighter. "Now just go home and relax for today. I'll walk Azuna to school, I'll go straight back to you."

You nod. He picks up your luggage and holds your hand. He walks you home. You go inside. Azuna smiles and runs over to you. You walk past her. You go into your bedroom and lay down on the bed. You close your eyes. You turn on some music. You stay still. You think about all that's happened since you arrived here. You've made such wonderful friends. You begin to feel happy yet sad at the same time. You are happy to have all these amazing people in your life, but one screw up will destroy everything.

(Sorry this chapter is so short. I will write more in the next one, promise.)