Chapter 11

You throw on your school uniform. That kiss from yesterday was supposed to be Shiki's. You really hope that doesn't mess up anything. Maybe Shiki won't kiss you now that your lips are no longer pure. But then again, it isn't your fault. You didn't even know who kissed you until Shiki said it. All these thoughts run through your head. You really hope you still have a chance with Shiki. You pick up your school bag and open the door.

"Took you long enough," you look up to see Mage standing at your front door.

"Uh?" you have no idea what to say.

Mage wraps his hand around yours, a little too tight. You bite lip, trying hard not to scream from the pain. You hear some cracking in your hand but that's normal, right? Mage pulls you towards him. You quickly spin around behind him. It twists your arm, but your safe. He looks at you with a crooked smile and pulls back to him. He looks at you with those snake-ish yellow eyes. His smile turns into a creepy smirk.

"You're no longer needed," you look behind Mage to see Shiki.

Shiki has a confident smile, but his eyes are narrow. Mage loosens his grip but not enough for you to escape. You look at Shiki with pleading eyes. Shiki looks at your hands. You notice his eyelids twitch a little. He walks over to you and places his hand on top of the one crushing yours.

"I'll take it from here," he glances at Mage with a terrifying smile.

Mage slowly lets go. He glares at Shiki and walks away. Shiki lifts your crushed hand. He kisses it. His lips are so soft and warm. Blush creeps across your cheek. Shiki looks up with you, his face all flushed, he chuckles a little.

"Your hands are so unique," he smiles awkwardly and licks his lips. "You taste so good too."

He kisses your hand some more, then he kisses up and down your arm. You slowly pull your arm and hand away from him. He shakes his head. His face color is back to normal. You do a little half smile. Shiki puts out his hand. You, of course, take it. You both walk to school together. He his grip is firm but loose. You stay as close as you can without looking suspicious.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)," someone says.

You don't pay attention until you bump into him. You look up and see Lindo.

"Oh hi," you say.

Shiki pulls you behind him. "I know none of that was your fault, but I will not let you hurt her. I don't care if it was an accident. One scratch is all it takes to make me want to kill you."

You hold onto the back of Shiki's shirt, trying not to smile.

"I understand," Lindo bites his lip. "The last thing I want to do is to hurt her."

Lindo walks away. Shiki makes you stay put until Lindo is out of sight. Then you two slowly walk forward. Shiki keeps you behind him, making sure no one is there to hurt you. You can't help but feel happy and sad. Your the whole reason why that old vampire is using Lindo. So if Lindo gets hurt, wouldn't it be your fault? Your feet, all of a sudden, stop moving. Your body becomes still. You can't move.

"Is something wrong?" Shiki asks.

"Don't hurt Lindo. It's my fault that vampire is using him," you feel tears falling down your cheeks.

Shiki's protective behavior softens. His face looks caring and kind. He gently places his hand against your cheek. He softly wipes your tears away.

"I didn't mean to upset you (Y/N)," he whispers. "All I want to do, is keep you safe."

You nod and wipe your remaining tears. "I just don't want Lindo getting hurt just because I have knowledge about the grimoire."

Shiki lifts your head. His face gets closer to yours. Your lips brush against each other as You close your eyes.

"Hey!"

You and Shiki both pull away while blushing like crazy. Ritsuka runs over to you, not knowing what almost happened. You look at Shiki and smile a lot on the inside. Ritsuka wraps her arm around yours and pulls all the way to school. Shiki smiles while shaking his head, but he soon follows.

You reach the school. Everyone talks about their weekend and all the cool stuff they did. You just think about the moment you shared Shiki. You were so close to kissing him. No offense to Ritsuka, but she totally ruined it. You rush to class and bang your head on your desk gently. So close. So close. So close.

"Alright everyone, take out your homework. I'm coming around to check to see who did it," the teacher smiles.

You take your homework and realize everything's blank. 'Um yeah, teacher, I didn't get it done cause I was, you know, kidnapped by vampires'. As if you can use that excuse. You look over at Ritsuka. She did her homework. You do the unthinkable.

"Past," you whisper, "Can I copy your homework really quick?"

Ritsuka hesitates a little, but she hands it to you. You write down the answers so fast that your handwriting looks like a different language. You quickly give it back to Ritsuka. Nailed it! The teacher walks by and puts a hundred on your paper.

"Everyone had it done," the teacher smiles. "This will be your only freebie for the rest of the year."

You wipe the stress sweat off your forehead. Ritsuka looks at you and silently giggles.

"I guess you we're lucky," she smiles.

"Thanks to you," you smile back.

The class is so boring that day. You doodle random pictures of Shiki's hair. Even if you mess up, it looks perfect. Shiki does have messy hair. You giggle to yourself. Then, you start drawing his eyes. Those soft eyes he looked at you with earlier. Those protective eyes he had earlier. Your heart speeds up, but your calm. The bell rings, and you quickly throw the doodles in your school bag. You run out the door. Ritsuka is waiting for you.

"Thanks again for letting copy," you bow.

"It's fine. You would have done the same for me," she smiles.

You both head to the Student Council room. Everyone is yelling at each other when you get in there. The poor Pomeranian jumps in your arms. You cautiously slide over to Urie.

"What are you guys arguing about?" you ask.

Urie smiles, "Well hello there my little rose. Nothing worth mentioning."

Urie wraps his arm around your shoulders.

"I would like to help," you say.

"They are just fighting over who will help out with the cooking for the festival," Urie sighs.

"Festival?" you repeat.

"We decided to try something new this year, so we decided on a festival. Everything else is covered but food," he answers.

"I can help. I'm not the best at cooking, but I can try," you smile.

"PERFECT!" all the boys, except Urie, whip around and say at once.

"Shiki," Mage smirks, "you can help her."

He pushes Shiki over to you. He bumps into a little, making you blush slightly.

​​​"Fine," he huffs.

You look at his hands. Then, you feel you cheek. You quickly snap out of it before anyone notices.

"The festival begins in a week so get going," Mage demands.

You giggle and take Shiki's hand. You both leave the Student Council room. Shiki's hands are so perfect. Shiki's grip becomes a little tighter with every step you take.