Chapter 12

You are startled awake the next morning because Shiki is playing a trumpet right in your ear. You love him but... damn! You sit up and look out the window.

"It's still dark outside!" you yell.

"We have to get practicing since we both could possibly use it," Shiki says.

"Hey!" you stand up. "What makes you think I need practice?"

Shiki smirks, "So you think your good?"

You shrug, "I'm not bad. What I make is edible."

Shiki pulls you close to him, "Let's see what you can do."

He stares at you with this super hot expression. He's holding you so tight. His expression softens as he looks into your sparkling eyes. Your heart speeds up. His face gets closer to yours. You both close your eyes.

BEEP!

You both pull away. Shiki looks at the door with a smile. He walks out of your room. You follow him into the kitchen. He takes something out of the oven. He puts it on the counter. You decide to take a look. You look at what's on the baking sheet.

You pick up a hard black ball thing, "You were baking coal?"

Shiki frowns a little, "They were supposed to he cookies, okay?"

You try to take a bite of the seriously burnt cookie. You end up chipping your tooth instead.

"Ow!" you yelp while dropping the cookie.

Shiki rushes over to you and looks at your tooth. He smiles as his face flushes.

"Imagine if that tooth scraped against my tongue so hard, it would make it bleed. And then ..." He shakes his head. "Sorry, about chipping your tooth, (Y/N)."

You don't notice yourself blushing, "Y-you're fine! V-very f-fine!"

Shiki blushes and smiles. He wraps his arms around you. He hugs you tight. Tighter than usual. He whispers something. You try your best to hear it, but it is no use.

"What did you say?" you ask.

Shiki slowly unwraps his arms that are around you. "Nothing. Nothing at all."

You notice his face is bright red. He picks up one of his burnt cookies and pops it in his mouth. He put it between his canine teeth, and he bites through it. He munches on it while having this weird look on his face.

"These are awful," he chuckles while spitting it out in the sink.

You turn on the water because you like a clean-ish sink. You try to not look like a neat freak while you do it. Shiki pokes at his burnt cookies. He seems pretty disappointed but not too much.

"(Y/N)?" he finally says.

"Yeah?" you say.

"Will hang out with me tomorrow?" he asks.

You turn around, so you can see him. Your eyes meet his. He has a serious expression. You nervously nod. A smile creeps across his face.

You and Shiki try to improve your cooking skills. Dang, Shiki has a long way to go. How are you going to prepare him in a week? You think it's cute, but it's so much work to help him. All you guys need to do, is to make food that won't poison people. Shiki is terrible at that rule. You try doing it with him, but he loses focus too easily. You guys have a week to figure it out.