Chapter 17

Tick tock goes the clock
Everyone is in a shock

You hear a child's voice singing. It's coming from everywhere.

Tick tock goes the clock
Everyone starts to rock

The song keeps getting louder and louder. It's echoing everywhere. You try to cover your ears but it keeps going. You toss and turn, wanting it to go away.

Tick tock goes the clock
Everyone starts to knock

Tears fall down your eyes. You want to scream, but you can't.

Tick tock goes the clock
Everyone sits and starts to talk

Your head pound. You feel your fangs growing. You want it to stop, but it won't. Your growing fangs make your gums hurt.

Tick tock stops the clock
Now you rise and start to walk

Your eyes shoot open. You get up out of your bed. You have no control over your body. You try to fight against it, but it won't work. Your legs force you forward. You walk out of your bedroom. Everything is pitch black. You look around, but your powers aren't working.

"You're so vulnerable when your sleeping," a female voice says.

Your body forces you to walk forward. You can't speak. You walk closer and closer. You close enough to see the girl. She looks about Ritsuka's age. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. Her hair is tied near the ends with ribbon.

"I've hear you have the grimoire now," she smiles.

Your lips begin to quiver. "Y-yeah."

She must've taken the spell off them.

"Why don't you tell me where it is?" she smirks.

"As if," you smirk back.

She presses her teeth together. "Don't get so high and mighty, Princess."

"Who are you anyway?" you ask.

The girl smiles, "I'm Azuna."

"You're dead, right?" you ask.

You glance down at the bleeding hole in her chest. It looks like a hole you made in the vampire at the park. But that was a guy, not a girl.

"Never mind that!" she yells.

"I apologize," you quickly say.

Azuna looks away. She turns the lights on, so you can see her better. She is wearing the same school uniform as you and Ritsuka do. The spell that was on you has disappeared.

"I really don't want to hurt you, but I can't have you getting my friends in danger. Lindo and Ritsuka mean a lot to me," she says with a sad expression.

"I'm not trying to hurt them," you say.

Azuna looks up at you with tears in her eyes. "Lindo seems to really like you. You able to help snap him out of that old vampire's spell, and I want to thank you for that." She hooks her fingers together. "That's why I have to kill you. If you weren't here, the old vampire wouldn't need to use him anymore."

She stands up. Her eyes change to red. She wraps her hands around your neck. You stand there.

"Do you really think killing me will solve anything?" you ask.

"Maybe." You can feel her hands begin to shake.

"I know your not a bad person, Azuna. If you kill me, think about everyone else you would hurt," you say.

Azuna's hands loosen a little. You look her dead in the eyes.

"Shiki, Ritsuka, Lindo. How do they think would feel if they found me dead? The person they've worked so hard to save." You narrow your eyes.

Azuna drops her hands to her sides. You notice teardrops falling on the floor. You look at Azuna. Her head is down. Her body is shivering.

​​​​"You're right. I don't know what I was thinking," Azuna cries. "I'm usually much smarter than this."

You go get a tissue for her. She wipes her tears away with it. You hug her, trying to calm her down.

"Thank you," you smile.