Chapter Six

A month past, school was boring for the mornings, and Zoro and Sanji started to avoid each other. It was weird at first, but Zoro got use to it real quick, he was use to being ignored and left out. Sanji didn't even get home till real late. They only say a few quick words before going to bed. Luffy now hugged the chair in front of him, looking at Zoro.

"Zoro. What's going on with you and Sanji?" Luffy asked after the teacher left them to talk. "I don't know, he just stopped talking to me." Zoro shrugged, writing stuff down from the lesson. Luffy huffed, kicking his feet up and onto his desk. The kid was super freakin flexible."Start talking to him."

"Why?" Zoro snapped, very annoyed about this subject. "Because he's your friend." Usopp said,who was sitting next to them. "I don't care." He sighed, the bell rang and he left the two looking very confused. Zoro was walking along, looking through his backpack when he suddenly he heard his name. "Zoro." He stopped, looking back.

Sanji was leaning against a locker, a cig puffing out smoke. "Wanna ditch?" He looked Sanji up and down, before nodding and throwing his backpack over his shoulder. Zoro noticed how Sanji was trying to cover up his left side of his face, not turning to look at him fully.

They walked out of campus and down the sidewalk, passing shops upon shops. "Where are we going?" Zoro asked after passing his favorite coffee place. "Just, keep up."

Zoro didn't like where this was heading. "Sanji, what's wrong with your face, why are you hiding it." He laughed, "Nothing's wrong." Zoro stopped, grabbing his arm. He almost let go when Sanji flinched. He held on, waiting for Sanji to face him. "Look at me you stubborn blondy." He growled, and finally, Sanji slowly turned to look at him, but he never turned his head fully.

Zoro reached up and turned his face toward him. "WHAT THE HELL!" Sanji's left side of his face had a cut along his cheek, his eye slowly blackening. Sanji shoved him back, but didn't say anything. "Who did this to you?!" Zoro snapped, suddenly very angry and was ready to kill someone.

"Don't worry about it." Sanji shrugged, walking forward. Zoro glared at him. "Where are we going." He demanded. "I want to show you something." Sanji called, still walking. Zoro trotted after him, every single bully at the college running through his head. You'd think, 20-27 year olds would grow up. Zoro followed Sanji to the small forest behind the town.

This was a very long walk and he was feeling like someone was going to jump him. They walked the small length of the forest and came out to the reservoir hidden in the small forest. Sanji walked over to a drop off. Zoro and Luffy found this in their first year, instantly jumping off the ledge that jutted out toward the lake.

Zoro joined him, both of them eventually sitting, their legs dangling above the still water. "We sort of been avoiding each other for a bit huh..."Sanji said, smashing his cig in the grass. "Yeah, it's my fault, I don't usually interact with people." Zoro found a few rocks, throwing them into the water. "Once school started back up I got real busy with it, so it's my fault to." He said laughing.

Zoro smiled, "Yeah, doesn't really matter, as long as we stay friends." Sanji nodded. "So, what happened to your face." Sanji sighed.

"They tried beating me up again, but when we first fought I took note on how they swung and did their attacks. I won this time." He said with a big smile. Zoro laughed, "Great, at least I don't have to do anything." Sanji kicked his foot.

"Christmas was fun. Thanks for dragging me along. But spring break is coming up and I wanted to go see my grandma in Minnesota and my dad's grave, and I was wondering if you wanted to come." Zoro asked, throwing his last rock into the pond.

"Okay, but we have to take a plane." Zoro groaned, making Sanji laugh.

After that, it wasn't for two weeks that something Luffy happened. Zoro finally was able to convince Sanji to lay on his back while he did push ups. Sanji was suppose to keep count but wasn't since he read aloud a book full of poems for his homework.