Chapter Fifteen

Don't you hate endings? They're like something that you never want to come, yet when it does, you have no idea what to do. Zoro felt that way when he stood in front of the college where he called home. He had no idea where he would wander over the summer, but that was that. Sanji was going to be with him this time, so he won't feel alone or out of place.

Yet, he almost hates it, hanging around Sanji. What if he grows to hate him? What if Zoro starts to get angry a lot? All these things washed over him, throwing him into a terrible panic. "Zoro..." Everything stopped, what was he thinking? He turned around, the man he fell for stood behind him, looking so concerned for him, something he hasn't ever experienced. Everyone looked down on him, with pity or hate, but Sanji...

"I'm coming..." Zoro followed him toward the waiting car, waving once more at Luffy, who was ready to go with a car stuffed full. They drove away, making Zoro feel almost left behind, but he knew that if he did go, he'd leave them eventually. Sanji took his hand, "I wanna go to a private place, on the beach, but I feel like you want something else?"

"I wanna go to Florida..." He said, but bit his lip, "But hey, if you got plans..."

"I was hoping you would say that." Sanji smiled, "I couldn't stop thinking about your mom and you, hanging around their, and almost half expecting to see her." He laughed.

Zoro nodded, "I wonder sometimes myself, like when I'm in Minnesota, my dad will open the door, greeting me with that stupid grin of his..." Sanji nodded, brushing his hair aside, "Well then..." He said after awhile, "Ready to go?" Zoro nodded, opening the door, and getting in, Sanji following him.

"Wait!" Sanji winced, and Zoro groaned inside. Sanji's dad came forward, walking up toward the car, "Why aren't you home?" Sanji asked when his dad got close enough. "I just wanted to give Zoro this." Sanji took an envelope out of his hands, and handed it to him. Zoro took it gingerly, looking at Mr. Vansmoke.

"I hope this gives you some answers...Enjoy your summer." And with that, the door was shut, and the driver drove off. Zoro stared at it, it was faded, the address of the school written clearly. He slowly opened it, making sure not to rip it to much. He took out a long ass letter, and something caught his eye. It was his dad's name written clear as day.

Mr. Roronoro

My dear son Zoro,

My, hasn't it been awhile. I decided to write this letter now, I fear my time is almost up. Your mother was very good, she was kind and had the gentleness of a cat. She was beautiful, and will always have a mark in both of our hearts. I hope you are alright with her passing, still breathing and living I hope...

I just wanted to say I love you, and I'm going to miss you. You were amazing, coming into our lives, it was amazing having a smaller version of me to teach them how to fish, build a fire, and swim in the icy rivers by grandma's house. It was hilarious watching you and your cousins run around and wear that old tree house dead. It was my favorite part, coming home from work to pick you up and watch your face light up.

But then mom got sick, and we all saw the light snuff out. And it hurt, more than to see your mom hurting, it hurt to see my little boy start acting sad, always sitting on the couch, looking out the window, hoping she would show up. But it was great watching you grow into your teens, how calm and collected you were toward everything.

I loved how you would come back from school with a tired look, then run off to play ball with, what was his name, Luffy? He was only visiting correct? I'm glad you found someone to click with, someone to help you when I-

You're probably still wondering about that aren't you. Well, a while ago, someone threatened to kill me, and steal you away. Yes, that actually happened. I won't say who it was, but they threatened. They would even take your mom off any help, and do some god awful things. But I hurt him, I was drunk and fed up and smashed a bottle across his head. I ran, and I came home to find you sound asleep on the couch.

After that, we went on a lot of trips, you've noticed. I still don't know what's going to happen, but you have to keep strong, keep smiling, be someone who can punch life in the face. Keep looking after your mother, don't let her pass before me, she needs all the support and help she can get.

And Zoro, no matter what you do, what you become, who you become, I will always love your choices, but please, become someone great. Like we use to always talk about.

Well, this letter has gone on long enough, if you ever go to college, go to the Gol D. Roger University, I'm good friends with the principal there, he already has an arrangement for you to stay there for the four years you'll attend.

I'll see you again soon,

Dad.

Zoro didn't realize he was sobbing until Sanji took his hand, telling him it was okay. But it wasn't, he wrote the letter two weeks after mom passed, and he couldn't help but cry harder by how innocent he thought, how he wouldn't be dying either. Zoro almost tore up the second letter inside, it was from his mom, but he couldn't handle this.

Everything was so much, he couldn't even breath. Sanji just sat there, reading the letter, in complete silence and shock.

"Oh my god..." Sanji whispered, setting the letter down lightly. "Oh my god..." Zoro shook his head, and with shaking hands looked over the only small little paper his mom scribbled on.

Oh dear, well isn't this interesting. You're outside right now, staring at a dog who seems to want to play. He was so happy to play with the other kids, but I know how afraid you are of them. Don't pretend you weren't. Well, the doctor's say I only have a little while, and I refuse to say anything, but I need to get everything down.

Zoro, you are my only little baby, and I want you to become something great like we always talked about, but you also don't have to, if you need to become a floater, then do it. I was a floater for a very long time. I just wanted to suggest a man, his name is Mr. Vansmokes, he's a friend of ours and is a swordsmith. You should go and see if he can teach you stuff.

He also has a son around your age I believe, if only I could take you to see them, you'd love it. Anyway, I love you with all my heart, and I hope you grow up to become someone I would love to call my son.

Mama

Zoro was done crying, he was surprised by his mom's writings, she knew Sanij and his dad. "Sanji." He finally whispered, handing him the note. "My mom knew your dad..." Sanji blinked, looking over the note. Sanji slowly looked up, "I now know what my mom means..." He said, making Zoro tilt his head.

"My mom was talking about someone, she was sick, but she worked for my dad. He was her secretary I think..." Sanji and Zoro's eyes widened, "Wait, we could have met long before college." Sanji finally spit out what they were thinking. "Maybe we did? We just can't remember?" Zoro said, his brain running in many different directions.

"Oh my god...No wonder my dad kept trying to get rid of you, you must remind him a lot of your mom..." Sanji whispered, and suddenly he started to giggle, making Zoro glare at him, "What?"

"Nothing...It's just crazy ya know, like we were suppose to meet." Zoro nodded, and smiling a bit. "Yeah..." They fell quite, enjoying the rest of the ride in complete silence, and all Zoro could think of was: Thank you mom and dad.   

A/n Well, it's the end. Thank you guys for commenting and voting, I love all ya guys and blacklegprince, your comments where gold. Anyway, I hope this was bearable, and I really liked how I ended this. 

THANK YOU!

-FandomsInBooks