Chapter Eight

Zoro opened the door to his grandma's house and smiled as the smell of pancakes and sausage filled the air. He didn't find Sanji here this morning and knew he was off cooking. He walked in to see Luffy stuffing his face, and Leo laughing so hard he was crying. "ZORO THIS GUY!" He screeched when he entered, and jabbed Luffy in the side. Zoro smirked, and sat next to Leo and Robin, "Good Morning, the rest are still asleep." She said, smiling at him.

Zoro nodded, and a plate was put in front of him, Sanji smiling. He planted his elbows on the counter, "I like your grandma." He smiled, watching Zoro take a bite of the pancakes, "Well she's a great cook, I bet she's loving the help." His grandma laughed at his comment.

Sanji walked back to whatever he was doing and Zoro wanted to know if he was okay, he was acting weird. They finished with Leo on the floor and Luffy laughed so hard he couldn't eat anymore. Chopper and Nami found their way toward the kitchen, grabbing something to eat before migrating into the living room. Zoro waited for everyone to leave, "Sanji what's wrong?"

Sanji looked up, in the middle of dishes. "Uh, nothing." He laughed, turning back to his dishes. Zoro watched him a while longer, trying to think of anything that would be bothering him. Suddenly Leo flew out of the living room and toward the front door screeching, "HE'S HERE!" Zoro tilted his head back, looking down the hallway. Leo's fathead blocked who was here, and it wasn't till Leo stepped out of the way he saw who it was.

His cousin Ashno, the one he practically considered a brother. He gasped, standing up quickly. Ashno walked in, and saw Zoro standing in shock. "Zoro..." Ashno went missing seven years ago, after the death of his dad. Zoro and Ashno grew up just a block away from each other, they played a lot with another neighborhood girl, wacking brusises on eachother with fake swords. Ashno's dad passed when he was 14, and he was suddenly gone off the earth, Zoro's dad went into a depression, and three years later also died.

The last time he saw him was five years ago, he didn't even recognize him. Now here he was, his now black hair brushed up, and his brown eyes very dark. Zoro suddenly got angry, and his grandma who walked in a while ago noticed it."Now before a fist fight starts out in my kitchen, let's push all our grudges out the door, and say hello and give each other some space." She whispered something to Sanji.

"Hey Zoro..." Ashno whispered, watching him. Zoro was very tense and he was partially irritated that his grandma was saying something to Sanji, who seemed to be very interested. Why was he getting so worked up? He didn't know, but maybe punching him and then crying would help. "Ashno." He forced out. The two stood there in silence.

"Well~Ashno, why don't you come say hi to everyone." He he was dragged into the living room. He turned sharply on his grandma, "Why is he here?" He snapped, making her puff up. She never took shit from anyone, "Because he can be! And you better be nice to him or I'll give you a beating of my own." She snapped back, her eyes blazing. Zoro walked out of the house, he was to angry to see him.

He wanted this to be relaxing, but everyone has family members they hate. He should have realised this, that he was going to show up eventually. Zoro walked into the tent, making Robin look up. "Is something wrong?" But instead of answering, he kicked his shoes off, walked into his room, and collapsed on Sanji's blow up bed.

Sanji watched him walk out, steam practically leaving his ears. He looked at Zoro's very grumpled grandmother, "So, should I talk to him?" She shook her head, "Leave him, he's just like his dad, holding grudges and always regretting it later. Just watch, he'll be back in here apologizing soon."

Sanji doubted that would happen. He finished his dishes and joined Nami and Luffy on the couch who were talking with Ashno. Apparently Luffy knew a lot about the guy, "...I really am the one to blame, Zoro's been through way more than me. At least I had a mom..." Sanji scoffed, "No wonder he hates your guts." Ashno realised his slip up, and went red.