Chapter Thirteen

A/N I JUST WANTED TO SAY I'M NOT GOOD WITH WRITING CUTE FLUFFY KISSING SCENES! I also wanna keep this PG levelish so no frick-frack in this book, sorry. ENJOY!

 Zoro felt the world go numb, the noises fuzzy, "Clear!" He felt a small shock, his heart, he couldn't even feel it pulse. "Clear!" He felt it jump, and he opened his eyes fully, gasping. He cried out when he felt the pain in his side sting. He was very aware of many people around him, but he needed to get away, the pain starting to grow so much.

"Stop!" He yelled, trying to push whoever was touching his wound away, "Hey calm down, we have to put you back under..." Zoro started smacking away hands that tried to get close to him. "No, go away..." His head was fuzzy again, the voices started to fade, he rolled his head to the side, and he saw Sanji, his face looking terrified. He looked so tired, like he was barely holding on to consciousness, yet he was here.

Zoro called out to him, but he was asleep before he could get to him.

He awoke a while later in a room. His side was buzzing and his head felt heavy. "San..ji..." He was able to say, but opening his eyes seemed to hard. He felt someone grab his hand, "Hey, finally waking up?" He opened his eyes.

Sanji smiled at him, "You might feel like crap for awhile, they drugged you up to stop the pain." Zoro didn't respond, "Are you...Okay..." He whispered, surprising Sanji. "Of course?" He questioned, "Why do you ask?"

"You...Look...Tired..." He coughing out, wincing as he had a coughing attack. When he could finally breath, he closed his eyes, focusing on breathing. "So uh, you probably should keep quiet..." Sanji said, and Zoro nodded. He felt tired, he wanted to sleep, but he had questions, "How long was I asleep..." He whispered, "Don't worry, it's only been a night. It's about lunch right now..." Zoro nodded.

The door opened, and Zoro guessed by the feminine voice it was a nurse, "Oh you're awake, good...I heard you coughing, are you in any pain?" He shook his head, keeping his eyes closed. "Okay, good...Well, once you've slept off the drugs, you can go home, so go ahead and sleep." Zoro opened his eyes then, "How long will I need to sleep?"

"The rest of the afternoon probably..." She shrugged, and walked out. Sanji sat on the side of him where his side wasn't hurt, "Will you sleep with me?" He didn't know what came over him, he just didn't want him to leave. Sanji was surprised, but kicked off his shoes, and crawled into the bed, curling up next to him. And before Zoro knew it he was rocking off to sleep, Sanji humming a small little song.

He awoke later, Sanji gone. Like, completely. But he was awoken because two nurses were bustling about, whispering. "...I know, aren't they so cute? I had them three times this year and both times they never left each other's side."

"They're dating now right?" The other asked, "Yes, it was a matter of time honestly." The nurse hummed a yes. He opened his eyes, fighting back a blush. "Where's Sanji?" Of course he had to ask the question. The first nurse gave the other one a pointed look, "We sent him to gather some things, he should be back soon to take you home." Zoro furrowed his eyebrows, "What were you guys talking about-"

"So from a level of one to ten how you feeling?" The second nurse spoke loudly, cutting him off. Zoro answered and the two left. He was left in silence, and he couldn't help but smile. Sanji was probably good for him, he doesn't have much family around anymore, and when he does hang with them he never feels like he belongs, he just an extra no one wants.

But Sanji, he wanted him around, was practically begging him to stick around. Zoro was ready to die, and it was Sanji who saved him. Sanji walked into the room, looking very flustered, "Hey, awake already?" Sanji smiled at him. He nodded, and the first nurse came back in, starting to take off all the wires and such connected to him.