CHAPTER TEN.

x

x. cannot stop me!

DAYS WENT BY with the angel locked away in a room deep in her own thoughts. She envisioned futures of both circumstances, and yet her decision was not made any clearer. Spending time with the hunter made her passion and desire for him grow, but being up in Heaven made her love for her job and helping others flourish. She lived to serve and protect, but what was the better option for her?

A knock sounding throughout the room broke her silence. "Are you alright?" She whisked herself to the door and opened it slowly. Sam stood before her with a small, worried smile pressed to his lips. "You've been in here for a long time."

"I know. I have been thinking."

Ariel stepped backwards to allow him into the room. "I thought you had already made your decision."

"It is not that easy. I have been an angel since the dawn of time. This is all I have ever known."

Sam sighed. He was conflicted as well. He would never want her to give up her role in life for him, but he also dreamed of being with her for the rest of his life. He had grown fond of her. She captivated him and invaded every thought he has in a day. No human being has made him feel the way she does, although she is not a human being. Sam felt extremely guilty for this large decision laying on her shoulders.

"I understand what you're going through," Sam began. "I want to help you. I want you to choose what's best for you."

Ariel smiled as she placed a hand on his cheek. "Thank you, Sam. I believe that I will choose what is best for me."

A single moment passed, and suddenly Ariel's entire surroundings changed completely. She was thrusted into a chair in a large, white court room. Naomi sat before her on a large pedestal that closely resembled that of a judge. She turned around to see thousands of familiar faces staring directly back at her. Fear crept up her neck as she gulped and looked back at Naomi.

"Today we are witnessing the trial of the archangel of nature and protection. Ariel has been accused of harvesting feelings for a human." Naomi spoke like venom. The way she said the word "human" sent shivers down Ariel's spine.

An uproar amongst the crowd emerged that made the archangel's blood boil. How dare they laugh and ridicule her for something that she could not control. She was an archangel, and could smite them without hesitation.

"Silence!" Naomi boomed. "The hunter Sam Winchester is the victim here. Ariel has brainwashed him to fall for her in order to use him to her abilities, which is in direct violation of Angel Rule number 5698!" The audience began to scream and shout once again.