EPILOGUE

SAM;
TWELVE YEARS LATER

The smell of bacon and pancakes filled the small home where Sam slept. Child laugher also floated around. Sam awoke from the smell and noise, smiling to himself.

He stood up from the bed and walked into the closet. It was a big walk in closet divided into two sides. One with masculine clothes and the other with feminine. Sam grabbed a simple gray shirt from the rack and threw it over his head. He then proceeded to throw on a pair of black jeans right after.

Suddenly, there was a shrill scream that went through the house, that caused Sam to stiffen and his hand to subconsciously move towards the gun tucked in the corner of the closet. "Gabriel! You'll wake your father up!" A woman's voice rang out. Sam sighed before retracting his hand.

Sam walked out of the closet, passed the bed and made it to the dresser. As he grabbed the watch from the surface, he looked at all the pictures that were framed in front of him. There was one of him and Dean from when they were kids, one of his two lovely kids, and one of his entire family now.

After putting his watch on, he began to walk through the hallway of the house. More photos were framed on the wall, most of his kid's school pictures. Sam smiled when seeing his son and daughter's smiling face. "Daddy!" A small voice erupted.

Sam was then engulfed in a hug around the legs from his daughter. "Good morning, Mary." He said before picking her up and resting her on his hip. Mary then wrapped her arm around Sam's shoulders and rested her hand in the crook of his neck.

"Mary and Gabriel! Come get some breakfast!" A female voice rang out, making Sam lower Mary to the ground. She then pranced off towards the kitchen, her tutu swaying. Sam sighed contently before also making his way to the kitchen. The living room was very organized, which meant that there was probably people coming over.

As Sam rounded the kitchen corner, his two kids sat at the table waiting patiently. His wife stood there, flipping eggs in a small frying pan. "Hey, sweetheart." Sam mumbled, wrapping his arms behind her waist.

"Sam!" She said, turning around with flushed cheeks. He smiled before pecking her on the lips. "Good thing you're awake. Everyone is coming over for Dean's birthday." She added.

"Sounds good. No wonder you made so much food." He muttered before walking over to the dining table and sitting next to his son. "Are you excited to see your cousin? He asked, smiling at the two of them.

"Yeah! We can all go in the pool!" Mary exclaimed excitedly.

As Sam opened his mouth to speak, the door bell went off. Mary squealed before taking off towards the door. Though her plan fell short when she could pry the door open. Sam stood up and walked towards his daughter, turning the knob for her.

Dean, his daughter, and Castiel stood there with a smile on their faces. "Sammy!" He said. Sam smiled brightly before engulfing his older brother in a bear hug.

"What are you, 50 now?" Sam asked sarcastically. Cas let a small chuckle out.

"What ever bitch." Dean remarked before walking off towards the kitchen.

"Jerk!" He called out. Castiel walked into the house and shook his head at the two of them. "Hey, Cas." Sam said, smiling and wrapping his arms around him.

"Hello, Sam." He said back.

The two pulled away before heading into the kitchen. The food was all done and set up on a side table, in a buffet sort of way. All the kids sat along the back of the table, laughing away. Sam smiled at that. Dean got to sit at the head of table, which was surrounded by balloons.

Everyone filed into their seats. Dean sat next to his daughter, Blake. Blake has a mother, but she left Dean when Blake was a couple months old. Dean had told her about his life of being a hunter and she couldn't take it. Though Dean isn't completely alone. Castiel moved in with them, to help Dean out wherever he could.

"Alright! Picture time!" Dean called out, as Sam set up the camera on its stand.

"Smile, now." Sam mumbled before filing into the group. Everyone gave their biggest smiles as the timer ticked down to one. After there was a big flash, Sam went over to dismantle the legs and put the camera away.

The adults went up to the buffet and began to assemble the plates for their kids and themselves. After Sam finished both of his kid's, he grabbed the plates and placed them in front of his son and daughter. Dean did the same with Blake.

Dean took a seat in his seat, Blake to his right, and Cas to his left. Mary and Gabriel sat down next to Blake, followed by Sam across from Dean at the other end of the table. Sam's wife next to Cas.

"Lets dig in!" Mary yelling out, jamming her fork into the pre-cut waffles. Sam smiled while shaking his head before doing the same.

The whole family talked aimlessly for an hour or two. The kids left in the middle to go play with dolls, or something. Most birthdays were like this in the Winchester family. Though, if it was a bigger holiday, Sam's house would be packed. Everyone enjoyed it, nevertheless. Those were definitely the best times of the year.

Sam picked up the plates while Dean and Castiel went to retrieve Blake from the other kids. Sam was washing some plates when his wife came up from behind, more silverware in her hands. He retrieved them from her before washing those as well.

She opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off. Dean and Cas came into the kitchen, Blake crying on Dean's shoulder. "So we're gonna head home. . ." Castiel said, laughing a little. Dean nodded in agreement.

"Awe, okay. Have a happy birthday, Dean." Sam said, coming up and wrapping his arms around his brother. Blake wrapped her arms around her uncle as the three of them just stood there. Though, it did not last very long, for Blake started crying again.

"I'm gonna go put her in the car. I'll see you guys later." Dean said before turning and walking out the door, towards his car. Cas stood there, watching them leave.

"Hey, Cas." Sam paused, getting Castiel's attention. "Take good care of him."

"I will try my best, Sam." Castiel replied, smiling. He then followed Dean out side the door.

Sam watched the door close, wrapping his arms around his wife's shoulders. "They are so cute together." She mumbled.

"They really are." Sam mumbled.

"I love you, Sam."

He turned to face her. With a smile on his face he said, "I love you too, Ariel."

the end.