New School, new problems Part 1

I don't own anything except my made up characters. I hope you enjoy the story. :D

You groggily woke up to the sound of your alarm clock ringing. Pressing the button, you stretched and yawned then proceeded to climb out of bed. After rubbing your eyes and scratching your messy bed hair, you went to the bathroom to freshen up.

'Damn it, I'm gonna be late...I knew I should have gotten dressed as soon as I left the bathroom, but no...but my stupidass had to go get some extra slee- '

"Hey, (f/n)!"

You turned to the sound of your name being called as you slowly stopped running. You broke into a grin at the sight of my best friend who's wavey blonde hair stuck out of the crowd of people he was passing through. He looked both ways to see if any cars were coming, before crossing the street to get to you.

"Yo, what's up Shinta!"

"Nothing much." He briefly looked you up and down before continuing. "I'm just about to go meet with the guys before we head to class, wanna come?"

"Nah. It's my first day in a new school. I don't want to show up late just yet ya know? But give the gang my regards."

"Alright but meet up with us after school. We'll be chilling by the arcade."

"Cool." you replied, preparing to break back into a run again.

He waited until you were a good distance away from him before shouting, "Hey (f/n), by the way! Your uniform looks like shit man!"

You turned back to give him an annoyed look, his blue eyes creasing with happiness laced with mischievous intent.

"Can it, Goldilocks!"

"Just statin' the truth four eyes!"

You turned back around before muttering under your breath,

"Best friends...you love em and hate em..."

You let out a sigh then looked down at your uniform.

'but honestly though, couldn't they have picked a better color as our uniform. Literally anything besides magenta would have worked...this shit is so lame.'

The school you originally wanted to go to (the one Shinta and a majority of your friends attended) had a uniform consisting of a black buttoned shirt and black pants, a white undershirt, and some white shoes. His comment irked you even more, since you knew that the two of you would see each other often in your uniforms-much like today's encounter.

'What a fucking hassle, gotta come up with new insults for Goldie now'

You smiled at that thought as you approached the entrance to Meiou Academy. 

-

Sighing, you walked into the main office to see a lady wearing red glasses, her coffee brown hair wrapped in a neat bun. She wore a brown suit with a white undershirt and a matching white skirt.

And boy did she looked stressed.

She was too busy typing away on her computer and talking on the phone to notice that you had entered. You waited until she was done with her phone call before speaking.

"Er, um excuse me?" You said, in the most polite tone you could muster.

She looked up from her computer and smiled.

"Ah, you must be the new student arriving today. (full name) right?" She said in a warm, cheery yet tired voice.

"Yes ma'am."

"Hello, I'm Miss. Yu, I'm actually the guidance counselor, but the person who's usually in the main office was sick today, so I'm filling in."

"Wait..there's only one person who works in the main office?"

"Three, but the other two are on vacation. We honestly don't need many officials here because of how peaceful it is in the school, today's just been a busy day." She sighed before continuing, "I'm sure you'll come to love this academy and fit right in really quickly." She said, smiling once more before holding out a few pieces of paper for you to take. 

"Here's your schedule, locker number and combination, as well as your lunch combination."

Taking the papers, you thanked her before walking off to find your first class.