The end of the meeting

"That being said...what's a demon doing at a high school anyway?"

"How well are you able to detect demons?" He walked over to you and sat beside you.

"Eh...I'm pretty good at it...but to be honest, for some reason you were harder to detect."

He lightly chuckled once more before speaking.

"I suppose calling me a demon would suffice. I was originally a demon, but due to certain circumstances I forced my remaining energy into an unborn child."

He looked at you out of the corner of his eye trying to study your reaction.

"Why are you still here then? Was the situation that bad?"

He again reverted his attention to the night sky, as a cool breeze softly blew around you guys. He smiled slightly before sighing.

"Let's just say, an act of kindness goes a long way...and this certain act of kindness that I'm referring to lead me to change my previous view on life."

You looked at him, waiting for him to continue, only for him to shoot you back a smile, indicating that he wasn't going to further explain.

You were both looking at the night sky as a sense of calmness swept the once tense atmosphere.

"So what now?" You asked, keeping your gaze on the stars.

"The rumors that I've heard, regarding the vigilante-"

"I know, I know." You abruptly cut him off, not wanting to go back to a topic you've already decided to not talk about anymore.

He looked at you, opening his mouth to say something before shutting it again. He stared at you, seemingly contemplating about something, before sighing, indicating that he'll let the topic go. "This conversation was rather meaningless." He sighed again, checking his phone to see the time.

You grinned, nudging his shoulder. "It was better than nothing."

"If you're telling me the truth, then you wouldn't mind if I confirmed what you told me with Koenma right?" You looked at him with a blank look, he then continued.

"Yes, I have ties with Koenma. I sometimes aid his spirit detective with missions."

You gave a sigh of relief at his response.

"Well, that makes this whole thing a whole lot easier! Geez...at first I thought that I'd have to report you to the little guy or at least follow you around to keep tabs on you. Man! That would be such a hassle!"

"And if push comes to shove..." Your voice went an octave lower then normal as your face held a cold demeanor.

"I thought I'd have to kill you."

Your face broke into a slight grin, eyes seemingly emotionless, as you chuckled.

The once calm atmosphere, reverted back into a tense one, as the redhead beside you chuckled himself. This time it was your turn to stare at him, a blank expression on your face.

 "I doubt that planned would've worked." He smiled at you before getting up. You noticed his eyes held an unusual tint of yellow to them, and as if reacting to it, you're (d/h) hand slightly pulsed. The hand with the insignia. You continued to look at him.

"Are you underestimating me?" You asked, a false childlike curiosity filling your once emotionless face.

Without giving you so much of a glance, you scooted over so you wouldn't be blocking the door, as he opened it. Giving his response right before he walked off.

"I think it's you who's underestimating me. Watch that tongue of yours (f/n)."

And with that he left.

You chuckled, before breaking into a full blown laugh.

"What an interesting demon."

"Ditto."

You turned to face the sudden voice that had spoken. To the left of you, in front of the door Shuichi left from, stood a man with a dark green cloak with gold buttons and a gold dragon insignia, matching your owns, on the cloaks collar. He wore a black suit under it while his collar from the shirt underneath the suit stood up.

"How long have you been listening to us?" You asked, grinning at the sight of your best friend, dressed in his uniform.

"Awhile."

"Fair enough response."

"He's too much like her...I don't like it." He replied, still glaring at the hallway in which the redhead left from.

"Easy, Shinta, I told you didn't I? This isn't going to be like last time."

"I won't make the same mistake."