Prelude to the meeting

The school week seemed to have coasted by in the blink of an eye. Besides Minamino doing his best to avoid you, you had a pretty solid week, if you do say so yourself. The pranks with Mizo and Sierra being the prime factor to your good week. You've still been hanging out with your old friends, heck currently, you were hanging out with Shinta. You two were walking side by side in the sidewalk, both holding a soda in one hand.

"So...how's that project thing going?"

"Hm?"

Confusion briefly filled your face until you realized what he was talking about.

"Oh! Yeah, the science project?"

He nodded, taking a sip out of his soda.

"Heard all about it from Mizo. Sierra couldn't talk to me before laughin' so..."

He looked at me with a smug grin on his face.

"It was fine, we're done with it anyway..." You stated before continuing, "He's not even a bad guy."

You said, briefly glancing at your (d/h) hand, which was holding your drink.

"Ah...figured. Guess he jus' got a bad rep."

"If by bad rep you mean getting glared at by every girl in the room, simply by breathing the same air as him....then yeah."

Shinta chuckled, then gave you a noogie, which in the process messed up your hair a little.

"Guess they wanna keep lil four eyes away. To be honest though, I thought the guy was a female, first time I saw em."

"You can't be serious..." You said, looking at him with the most wtf look you could have possibly given a person.

"Don't judge me four eyes."

"Would you stop calling me that!" You said, pinching his cheek as hard as you could.

"I'magh jushh jokinshh! {Translation: I'm just joking}" 

Letting your hand go, you took out your phone and scrolled through and pulled up a certain conversation via text message that you had with someone. 

"About the four eyes remark though.." You began, as you showed Shinta the messages you and Shuichi had. "He can see it, the insignia."

You watched as Shinta's eyes grew cold.

"So, does that mean he's one of them?" He said with his voice being slightly deeper then normal.

"Calm down, I don't know yet. He seems to exhibit human energy, and it's not uncommon for people to take notice."

"So why provoke him?" He said, a hint of malice dripping from his voice.

"He kept looking at it. I even tried lowering my spirit energy to around the bare minimum I could possibly lower it too, but still he noticed. Besides.."

You looked up in the air, smirking, staring at the seemingly cloudless sky, as the cold fall air surrounded the two of you. Leaves, softly blew around you.

"..If he was a problem, hypothetically speaking, I would have killed him already."

You then patted your slightly stressed out friend in the shoulder, who was currently sighing in annoyance at your response.

"Don't worry, it won't be like last time. I'm just interrogating him."

"Fine. I trust ya. Jus tell me what happens, kay?"

"Have a little more faith in me. You don't call me four eyes for nothing."

"Jus promise me..."

"Promise."

The two of you then continued your walk, laughing and joking as if the conversation never happened. Once you got to his house, you parted ways, heading back to the school.

"And now off to the awaited meeting..." You stated, to no one in particular.

Again, you felt that same feeling of eyes staring at you.

"But first, a quick pit stop."