Explosion

Everyone at the Air Force base of Coastal City was in love with Kee.
The women adored young Kee and her handsome father even more, and doted on her shamelessly. The men showed her their planes and all their medals and trophies because she was so darn adorable! She ran around the base and hung out with all the cadets and the officers. Even the mean tempered, older Air Force officers loved her.
And yet she only had eyes for one man, her dad, Hal.
He showed her around, taking her to his office and even let her sit in his plane! He promised her that if she was good, he'd take her flying some time soon.
It was needles to say that no one other than Carol understood what Kee was trying to tell them, but they lived her anyway, and at the cafeteria at lunch break, everyone wanted to sit next to her. The men playing cards got her to join their teams and claimed that she was good luck. And Hal was more glad than any of them to see some life in this Air Force base!
Later in the day, Kee was drawing in his tiny office while he and Carol attended a meeting, colouring in her drawing of Green Lantern.
She'd been about to colour in his ring, when a loud beeping noise had made her sit up, instantly alert. She covered her ears for, the loud ringing sound and smelt a terrible smell coming from somewhere downstairs. Her dad's office was near the top of the main building that made up the Air Force base. The hangar was next to the building. Looking out, she saw men and women in uniform racing out of her building and out in to the hangar. Others raced towards her building with hoses and fire extinguishers. Suddenly the smell made sense.
FIRE!
She noted that the room had warmed up considerably and she reached for the handle of the door to open it and exit the building. Touching the handle she reared back in surprise, cradling her hand against her chest. The door handle was boiling hot! It burnt!
She threw herself at the door but it was a thick, large, relatively new door and didn't budge at all. Where was her dad?

Hal stared out of the window of the top floor of the main building. He and Carol were finalising some reports when the alarm went off. Looking out he noticed that everyone seemed to be outside now. Kee was probably with them, thank goodness. Carol went for the door but Hal stopped her.
" Stop! The door's probably hot," He ordered.
Carol nodded and rushed back to him.
" Honey, I think it's time for to suit up," She suggested.
Hal nodded and closed his eyes. Upon opening them again he saw that his ring was glowing slightly and his clothes had changed to his full body, grafted uniform, that was part of him. He relished the familiar feeling of feeling powerful. Carol grabbed his arm and he created a glowing green hammer to smash the window. He then proceeded to fly out the window with Carol securely in his arms. Flying down to the Tarmac where the others were he looked around for his daughter, but didn't see her.
" Green Lantern! Don't worry everyone is out, but you need to help us, the building's going to fall! The supports are scorched," An officer, by the name of Corporal Riley, cried out.
Hal nodded but he still hadn't seen Kee, where was she. Suddenly he remembered where she was, his office! That was right above where the fire had started! Looking up he saw a small girl by the window, bashing on the glass.
Instantly he flew in to action, he raced up to the window and looked in to see fire in his office, and Kee crouched in a corner, fire surrounding her now. Part of the floor was giving away!
Husk couldn't break the glass this time, the fire would have too much oxygen! It'd roar to life and engulf his daughter. And just as he watched he saw a small piece of the roof fall down, one part slammed in to Kee and he let out a yell of shock.
He had to act now!
He bashed through the window of the office opposite his and flew to the side to escape a burst of flames. Looking around, coughing at the smoke, he smashed through the door and made it to the hallway. Through the small glass panel on his office door he saw the debris blocking the door.
He had to be careful, if he smashed through the door and the debris, it might shift and bury Kee entirely, if she wasn't already dead!
Another thought came to mind, why not go through the hole in his floor to get last the flames?
Hal created an glowing anvil and dropped it, effectively creating a hole in the floor. Flying through it he zoomed through the office underneath his. Through the cloud of smoke that made him cough sharply he saw the hole in his floor. Flying up through it he saw the mound of debris.
Kee was under there!
He created a green shovel from his ring and started digging debris away careful not to shift it too much. Electrical wires sparked here and there, and even though he wasn't meant to show fear, Hal was terrified!
" Come on Kee, please be okay," he murmured frantically as he shovelled away.
A moment late he saw something that made his heart want to stop.
A limp, blood, and dust covered hand showered underneath a huge pile of debris.
Hal swore and ripped the huge piece of ceiling away. Now he could see the top half on Kee's limp body.
He was overjoyed to see that she was breathing, barely, but she was breathing.
He ripped the large piece of debris still trapping her legs and pulled her in to his arms.
She lay there, unconscious and unresponsive, but still breathing. Her turned her so her face looked up at his and cradled her close to his chest. Her face was littered with scratches, and a large cut was visible on her forehead, probably from a blow to the head. That wasn't the worst part. A long scratch ran from her shoulder to her middle finger on her left arm and it bled blood all over him, it wasn't deep, but would definitely leave a scar. He didn't even want to look at her legs, but could feel that one was hanging limp.
" Let's get you out of here, my little Kee," Hal said, choking back a cry of horror.
He'd left her alone, and now she might die!

Hal flew back through the hole in the floor, fire keeping out at him from every angle. He dodged falling debris and live wires as he went slowly, careful not to let Kee fall, or jostle her too much. He was already super fond of his girl.
A copier beside him exploded with a bang and fire washed outwards towards him, he was about to set up a Force field when he was encased in a blue shimmering sphere. He felt cool inside the sphere, and stared around, knowing that somehow he was encased in water! Was Aquaman here? Had the league come? But no, no one was protecting him...unless......
Looking down at Kee's face he saw her eyes open. And yet instead of brown, her entire eyes flowed bright blue. With a splash the water around them cascaded away and Kee was left staring up at him with her Neiman brown gaze, that was hazy with pain. Hal couldn't speak, he just couldn't. His girl had done that? Was he hallucinating? HIS DAUGHTER HAD POWERS!? How did Kee have powers?!
She stared up at him, mouth open and trying to form a word. He saw her lips moving as she tried to speak. At one point a slight rasping sound made its way form her vocal chords but other than that. Nothing. Pain was clear on her face and yet she didn't cry.
She clung to Hal, a pleasing look on her face.
Instantly he got over his shock and found his way out of the building via the window he'd smashed. He heard a cheer as he landed on the Tarmac, Kee passed out again in his arms. Carol sprinted over to him, fear on her face. The officers ran with her.
" Get the planes away from the building. It won't fall but sections may explode," Hal said in a deep commanding voice.
Everyone nodded and with no further ado he zoomed away from the scene, Kee still in his arms.
" Hold on kid, there is a hospital not far away," Hal said, not sure whether he was comforting her or himself.
Kee didn't stir in his arms, and her torn green lantern shirt  covered in blood and dust.
When Hal reached the emergency wing of the hospital doctors instantly sprang in to action once he yelled for help. He ran along with the gurney that Kee was strapped to until he was told to wait outside the operating theatre.
His daughter might die! And with that thought and raced out to change so he could return as Hal Jordan, and stay with his daughter.