The Butler

The Zeta beam was so bright that Kee had to close her eyes, a grimace forming on her lips. When  the light beyond her eyelids faded, she deemed it okay to open them again. Batman still stood beside her, a huge, warm hand on her shoulder. She shuffled closer to him, realizing just how cold she now was. He didn't seem to mind, and allowed her to shuffle even closer upon realizing just how warm he was.

" Welcome to the Batcave," He greeted, gesturing wth one hand to the place they'd beamed to.

Kee blinked in surprise when she took in the vast height of the cave. It was dark, slightly damp, and utterly freezing down here, goosebumps were already forming along her unprotected arms. The small squeaking and screeching of bats overhead was white noise, as she took in the various trophies such as a huge penny. 

There were glass cases filled with costumes, one case was empty. 

A huge computer lay across one wall, with a sectioned off area she assumed was med bay. There was a training area, with weights she definitely couldn't lift on her own.

" You like it?" Batman's teasing voice inquired.

Kee nodded slowly. 

Dad and I don't have a place like this, that's for sure! I don't think he has a secret hideout, or base, all he has is our house. If he even remembers he has a house, or a daughter.

" Master Batman, I assume you will be changing and showing our guest to the house?" A very British voice inquired.

Kee jumped slightly, eyes widening at the unexpected voice. An elderly man in a pristine suit came in to view, a silver tray in his hands. He may be old, but he certainly didn't look frail. How she hadn't heard him was a mystery. Batman didn't seem affected by the sudden appearance, maybe he was used to old guys popping up randomly in his cave?

" Yes Alfred, you can go ahead and show Kee up to the manor, the boys will want to meet her," Batman suggested evenly.

Alfred nodded, accepting the idea, and walked over to Kee, just as silently as he'd appeared. He was much taller than her, she only just came past his hip, even if she was short for her age! She looked up at him with wide brown eyes, still not sure whether this was a man to be trusted.

" It's lovely to meet you, Master Kee, I am Alfred, the butler," Alfred greeted her, his blue yes twinkling kindly.

She realized that this man reminded her a lot of her grandfather, before he'd had a heart attack. He was a comforting presence, and radiated a gentle, calming air.

' Hello Alfred, It is nice to meet you as well,' Kee signed hesitantly, blinking up at him.

The butler looked slightly surprised at her use of sign language before his features smoothed again and he smiled warmly at her.

" Thank you, Master Kee, now, how about we go up and meet the boys?" Alfred suggested.

Kee nodded, a bit uncertain. She vividly remembered borrowing Nightwing's katana during the attack of the Joker, would he be angry at her? She did, however, look forward to seeing Robin, since he was one of her best friends beside Wally.

She followed Alfred, trying to lengthen her limping stride to equal Alfred's long stride. It only made her feel as though her prosthetic would slip out from under her, so she went at her own speed. The elevator ride was short, and soon they were stepping out in to a study furnished with a multitude of furniture. 

The first thing she noticed was a boy laid out on the couch with a book in hand. He had short dark brown hair and darker blue eyes.

" Master Tim, I would like to introduce you to Kee Jordan, she'll be staying with us for a while," Alfred said calmly.

The boy looked about 17, and he shut his book to look at her, hopping off the couch nimbly. 

" Oh hi! You're Hal's kid, right? Welcome to the manor!" Tim greeted, shaking her tiny hand.