Father's Day

Hal was awakened by a slight shifting against his side. He slowly blinked open his eyes when he felt the pressure at his side shift again. Looking blearily around the room he spotted Kee cuddled in to his side, shifting slightly to gaze back at him with equally as sleepy eyes.

" Hey, beautiful girl," Hal murmured gently, pulling an arm around Kee.

Kee snuggled in to his hold with bright eyes and a shining smile.

' Hi dad, happy Father's Day!' Kee signed, before wrapping her arms around him.

Hal contemplated her words for a few moments before they finally sunk in and he realized hat day it was. Father's Day! He hadn't even spared a single thought to it until today.

" I totally forgot it was Father's Day today," Hal murmured to loud.

' Well then it is lucky that I did not forget. I have so much planned!' Kee signed, more awake now, and shimmying up to put her face next to his.

Hal poked her nose playfully, making her giggle slightly, before gripping her in one arm and tickling her mercilessly with the other. 

Kee squirmed futilely, giggling loudly and sending out silent shrieks as she tried to squirm away from his tickling. Hall just gripped her tighter and kept on going until his girl was red in the face and gasping to catch her breath.

" You cheeky little girl, you've been planning this for weeks haven't you?! You didn't even let on a single clue that you were planning something!" Hal exclaimed in mock hurt, ruffing her hair slightly, and earning an indignant squawk.

Kee pouted and slid across the huge bed to get her prosthetic which leant against the bed post.

' Come on dad! I have to make you your favorite breakfast, and you have to have time to get dressed first!' Kee signed, starting to buckle up her prosthetic with nimble and well practiced fingers.

" Okay, okay, I'm going! But you might want to make extra, because the smell of your cooking is sure to rouse some of the other leaguers," Hal teased, swinging her up and off the bed playfully, and setting her down again when she protested with a small squeak.

Kee dashed out the door to go cook, making Hal smirk at her eagerness before grabbing his clothes for a shower.

Sure enough, Hal was correct in his assumption, and his teasing turned out to be true. Kee was cooking the family favorite breakfast at the Jordan house, bacon sausage and eggs, with roasted tomato and golden buttered toast. It was a special treat that she made every now and then, and on those days Hal would be in an especially good mood.

She was in the midst of frying bacon with one hand, shimmying the an slightly, while in the other hand she was cooking sausages, the aroma of frying meat wafting out of the kitchen and in to the hallway, making mouths water all through the hallways. 

Soon enough, as she continued to cook, leaguers who stayed at the Watchtower for most of their lives started to emerge in to the kitchen, eyeing the child multitasking with eager gazes. One by one they started to gather, watching the young cook closely and sending each other smiles. Kee had no idea about this, as she was calmly flitting her gaze between the many things cooking at once, her trained eyes checking on the different cooking elements. 

She sniffed the air delicately, and deciding with a satisfied smile that it smelt nice, she turned to fetch the tomatoes from the oven, and stopped still.

With wide eyes she took in the group of around twelve hungry justice league members staring longingly at the food she was cooking. The Flash, who'd stayed overnight after a midnight stakeout mission with Aquaman was practically vibrating on the spot.