Fears

Her mother was there again, standing in front of her with a bright smile, er hair flying elegantly in the wind. It almost broke her heart, how she'd longed to see her mother again!

" M-Mum," Kee choked out, surprised that she sounded normal, and she wasn't even using her abilities.

The woman embraced her, her warmth made Kee practically melt in to her.

" Oh Keelan baby, mummy's here, she's here now," Her mother murmured in to her ear.

Tears streamed down Kee's cheeks as she hugged the woman she missed so much.

" Oh mum, so much has happened, and I've so much to tell you!" Kee sobbed happily.

The woman hugged her tighter, and was about to reply when suddenly she stiffened, and Kee heard her mother gasp slightly. Kee's eyes widened in fear, and she stared in shock as her mother fell backwards to the hard dirt of the house they'd stayed at longest. 

Blood pooled around her from a gunshot wound, and Kee just stared, unable to do a thing as she relived the death. Slowly, another form rose out of the blood, it was dad, and he too was dead. Slowly, her team members and the Justice League started joining them, and Kee had to choke back her horror.

" I am ashamed, my descendant, you have disgraced your race! Your people died for nothing!" The King of the Elementals snarled, before becoming another body as well.

She opened her mouth to answer, to plead for forgiveness, but no sound came out, and she stared at her hands to find blood pooling in them, dripping from her neck. She couldn't speak again, couldn't really move, she was frozen.

Then they vanished, and she was okay again. She was at the airport of Coast City, seated on her suitcase, waiting for her father, to meet him for the first time. She was so anxious to make him love her. 

And there it was, the truck pulling up, the man stepping out looked just like her. He was so perfect, just like she'd always imagined. And taking one glance at her he stopped, standing there with a scowl on his face.

" You aren't what I was expecting," He grumbled.

Kee's heart ached, and she quickly singed an answer. ' I'm not?' 

" Huh, you can't even talk! Ugh, what did I do to deserve a disappointment like you, I can't even believe you came from me," Hal snapped, turning around and stalking back towards his car.

' Wait! Wait up!' Kee signed hurriedly.

She dragged her suitcase towards the car but abandoned it halfway when Hal started to drive off without her. Kee sprinted after him, desperation clear in every movement, she reached out to grab the bumper of his truck, but he sped up, and she landed hard on the road, the small of his tires filling her nose. And when she looked up he was gone, driving off without a care in the world. 

' Wait....' She signed weakly, a tear slowly rolling down her cheeks.

Batman was trying to keep calm, but inside his emotions were haywire. Robin was missing, and so was everyone else. No one had answered their comms, and he and the other mentors that were able and well, were rushing to the docks. It was deserted when they got there, at least it appeared to be, however Robin's tracker said he was in the area. 

" Hey bats, Superman's found some of the team!" Flash called out excitedly.