Chapter Thirteen

Namjoon's hands were slightly shaking as he waited for Yoongi to answer the phone call. He heard the click and he spoke immediately, "I broke the ring."

"NO, YOU FUCKING DID NOT!"

"Hyung! It just slipped. I was trying to hang up decorations for the perfect proposal ever on a ladder and I forgot it was in my pocket!" Namjoon spoke half-whispering because Jin was sleeping on the couch.

"You can't be serious. You should've just proposed, it didn't need to be perfect. You know he'll say yes to you either way."

Namjoon sighed, "I know, I guess I just got caught up in the whole thing. It's my first proposal and most likely is my last if he says yes. Now, I have to buy a new ring."

"Ex-fucking-cuse me? Buy a new ring? Are you sure your IQ is 148? Have you gone completely out of your mind? That ring was like 2,000 dallors! Jin wouldn't care if you brought him a fake ring from Walmart! He loves you."

"He means everything to me and I just want him to know that," Namjoon replied after Yoongi's lecture.

"My god, buying a expensive ring doesn't show that he means everything to you. You spending time, love and also expressing your feelings will show him how much you love and need him. You should know that."

"Okay, fine. I get it. But what am I supposed to do now? The ring is broken and I can't buy another one. What do I do?" Namjoon slowly began panicking. Soon, Jin would wake up and see all the decorations for his proposal.

"I mean there's always Walm--"

Namjoon quickly protested, "NO. I am not buying a ring from Walmart for Jin. Help me."

"Get your ass over to Jimin's house quickly so we can fix it before Jin wakes up."

"How did you know Jin was sleeping?"

"Good guess. You did get home kind of late and you are whispering. So I made an inference."

"I'll see you in 15 minutes," Namjoon hanged up and quietly climbed down the ladder. He picked up the box and carefully put the broken pieces inside.

Namjoon exited the house, locked the door and began running down the street. Soon, he reached Jimin's front door. He knocked on the door frantically until Yoongi opened the door.

Namjoon walked into the house and Yoongi closed the door. "Where's the ring?" Yoongi questioned and Namjoon pulled the box out of his pocket.

He opened the box and Yoongi looked down at the ground out of shame after looking at the broken ring.

"Nope. You need to buy a new ring or go to the mall again and ask for a replacement," Yoongi said and Namjoon shook his head.

"They're closed."

"Maybe you should just propose to Jin without the ring then later you can go to the mall and get a new one for him. It'll be just as great. He'll understand," Yoongi suggested and Namjoon shrugged.

Namjoon was upset that the ring broke, why did he have to break everything? "Okay, I'll call you tomorrow and tell you how it went."

• • •

"Bro, I swear I saw the cutest boy ever today. He had bleached hair and he was just so cute."

"Eva, stop exaggerating. I bet he wasn't even that cute. Did you get a picture of him?" Gayoung rolled her eyes as she walked with her best friend into a ice cream parlor.

Eva shook her head, "No. It wouldn't matter anyways. He's gay and he'll never like me because I have a vagina."

"Ew! Eva! We're in public and we're about to eat ice cream. You just made me lose my appetite," Gayoung made a disgusted face.

As they both sat down at a both Eva looked at her confused, "Why is a waiter called a waiter if we're actually waiting for the waiter?"

"Why do you even care?" Gayoung questioned her question. Eva shrugged and looked at the menu, "Do they serve French fries?"

Gayoung banged her head on the table out of frustration, "It's a ice cream parlor!"

"Why have a menu of just different flavors of ice cream when you already know them all?" Eva continued to ask questions one after another.

Gayoung lifted her head off the table, "Oh my god, would you shut up? Maybe you're the only one who knows all the flavors." The waiter approached the two girls.

"Welcome to the Ice Cream Parlor! We'll make sure you enjoy our creamy and delicious ice cream. What can I serve you two wonderful ladies?" The waiter fake-smiled, obviously everything the waiters had said were scripted.

"You can serve me fries."

"Ignore her. Can we get two sundaes with three scoops? One scoop chocolate, another vanilla and the last scoop strawberry. Don't forget the cherry," Gayoung said as the waiter wrote her order on a small notepad.

The waiter nodded and went back to the kitchen. They both looked outside the window and Eva gasped, "OH MY GOD. LOOK, IT'S HIM. THE CUTE BOY."

"That's my ex-boyfriend!" Gayoung exclaimed. She noticed that Yoongi was holding hands with Jimin and she couldn't believe her own eyes.

"Your ex-boyfriend is gay? Wait, that's Yoongi? I never knew he was so cute. He looks different in person." Eva stated and Gayoung shot a cold glare and clenched her fists.

"He broke up with me for that thing?!" Gayoung barked and Eva sat there silently, afraid of what Gayoung might do. Eva thought Yoongi and his boyfriend were actually really cute.

Eva wasn't jealous or anything, she shipped it. Gayoung and Yoongi weren't a good match in her opinion because they were two completely different people. They never agreed on anything, Gayoung would say.

Gayoung got up from her seat, about to go follow Yoongi but Eva tugged on her sleeve. "Don't. You need to get over him. He's moved on," Eva told Gayoung.

"Don't talk to me anymore. I hate you," Gayoung said and pulled her arm away from Eva and walked out the parlor.

Eva knew that Gayoung didn't mean what she said. Gayoung always did that when things didn't go her way. Eva has just gotten used to it.

The waiter placed two sundaes on the table, "Here's your sundaes." He walked away and Eva pouted.

"You look lonely. Are you okay?"

Eva looked up and saw a handsome boy with with nice cheekbones and a nice jawline. "My bestfriend just left me and said that she hated me," Eva explained and the boy sat down in Gayoung's seat.

"Don't feel bad about it. I'm sure she'll come around. My name is Jung Hoseok, but you could call me J-Hope or Hobi," Hoseok smiled.

"My name is Eva Huang. I'm from China. Do you want one a sundae?" Eva asked and Hoseok nodded happily.