Chapter 5

Just got back from Hong Kong so this is a delayed update! Enjoy! 

____________

Yun Hee POV

Argh, I have to go back to school for badminton training today and I hope I don't see Kai because he has training today too. It was definitely much of an awkward experience after what happened yesterday. 

To him, it is always Eun Mi. Eun Mi this, Eun Mi that, I'm so sick of hearing that name but I don't really hate her either. I mean, I have no reason to hate her in the first place. Although I cannot deny that her constant bragging of a hot boyfriend does annoy me quite a bit. 

"Yun Hee! Are you in the badminton team too?" Seulgi asked breaking my stream of thoughts. 

"Yes! Are you in the team too?" I asked excitedly. 

Seulgi exclaimed, "OH MY GOSH, WE ARE IN THE SAME TEAM." 

"Yes yes, now calm down." I replied. 

"Oh, but I didn't see you attending the trials last week, are you a special member or something like that?" Seulgi questioned.

"Mmhmm. The Coach who has won numerous awards, Coach Choi, is also the school's Badminton Coach. Coach Choi is my personal coach outside of school. He taught me badminton since I was 7. Plus, I have been invited by the President of the Club to join prior to the start of school term so it is normal that you didn't see me in the trials last week. Okay, let's go for training or we might be late." I answered. 

Seulgi nodded and we headed off to the training venue. 

In the Sports Hall

When Seulgi and I walked into the Sports Hall, we noticed that the junior team members were setting up the court while the senior team members were having a meeting. After observing the situation, Seulgi and I ran forward to greet the senior members and started helping out with the set up of the court. 

Once we were done, Coach Choi walked in, placed his bag at the corner and gathered us. 

"Hi Year 1s. I'm Coach Choi, you can call me Coach Choi or Mr Choi. First of all, thank you for joining the badminton club. Last week, we held the trials and you have displayed great abilities in the sport and hence, is why you have been chosen to be here today. Next, we have a training camp coming up during your holidays in June which should be held from the 20-24th of June so do make sure you keep the dates free. More details will be released by the committee next week. Now, I understand that there is a new face here and most of you haven't seen her during the trials and that is Yun Hee. Yun Hee come up here." Coach Choi signaled for me to stand beside him. 

I stood up and walked to the spot beside him and smiled at the crowd.

Coach Choi then continued, "Yun Hee is my student since she was 7 and she has won numerous national awards under my training. She is also in the national squad for badminton which is why she was selected to be in the club even before she attended this school. Now, I believe in everyone's potential here to be an outstanding player. Remember, it's not about the award or fame, it is about the journey to your destination. Your journey in badminton starts here. Without further ado, let's begin with the training." 

Coach Choi clapped and started the training.

After Training

I was prepared to head home before Mum gave me a call reminding me about trying some wedding dress thing at 4pm which I totally forgot about. Sh*t, this means I do have to see Kai today. 

Unfortunately, it was already 3.50pm because training ended late today. I decided to call up Uncle Lim to drive me to the bridal shop but how am I going to get there in time?