One

Liverpool June 17

"What do ya mean I have to go to a bloody ballroom party?"

George sighed and toke a sip of his over sweetened tea, "Listen John, I was invited to a knight's birthday party and I wanted to bring ya. I thought ya might enjoy it, ya know?"

John scoffed and rolled his eyes, "As if I'd enjoy some petty little knight's posh birthday party in some enormous mansion."

"Come on please! I need to bring a guest with me. It says on the invitation."

"Why don't ya just take your pretty little bird with ya?"

George sighed again and rubbed his temple. "Me and Patti well, we've been having a bit of problems ya know," John nodded and took a sip of his pure black, and terrible tasting tea, "so she refused and to make it worst she staying at one of her little friends house this weekend to, 'clear her mind,' whatever the bloody hell that means." George leaned back in his seat and downed the rest of his tea.

John sat there thinking, he didn't want to go to this bloody party but, his mate George is so stressed out, it's the least he could do.

"Fine I'll go," George looked back at him and smiled, "but, tell me who is this knightly bloke is anyway."

"Well his name is Paul McCartney and he was a high school friend of mine and well we haven't spoken since school,"

"He remembers you from high school? Didn't you graduate like four years ago though."

"I guess he just remembers me," George smirked, "he's a nice lad though. Likes music and and writing and stuff like that,"

"Sounds interesting so far." John finished his tea. "Really? Just a minute ago you were calling him petty." George scoffed.

"I wasn't calling him petty. I was calling his birthday party petty." George rolled his eyes and continued, "well he ended up becoming quite engrossed with politics and stuff like that. I don't remember exactly what he does but, it must be important since he got knighted by the queen herself."

"Oh, and one thing," George hummed, picking at his nails, "don't ya think if we show up together people might think that we're queer, ya know?"

"Oh no need to worry about that,"

"Why's that?"

"Well the party is going to be a masquerade."

John scoffed, "a masquerade? For a birthday party? This bloke sounds pretty stupid for a politician."

"Well, he doesn't want any gifts and he doesn't want any attention on himself and just wants people to a joy themselves."

"At least I don't have to by a gift for this bloke."

~•~

London June 17

"No, no, no! That's all wrong! I wanted a white banner not black!" Sir Paul groaned as he stared up at his servants on ladders putting up a black banner that read, 'Sir Paul McCartney's 24th birthday.'

I short lady scurried up to Sir Paul, "I'm so sorry sir! One of the other maids must've misheard you or something. I'll take a trip into town to get you a new banner." Just as as she was about to walk away Sir Paul spoke up, "no, no,"

The maid spun around. "Send Joseph to go get it. You need to make the cake, Mary." She nodded and picked up her skirt as she ran off through a door.

Sir Paul never really liked being so strict and demanding with his servants. He was a very caring man but, when it came to social events or any sort of thing like that he did whatever he could to make his guest feel the best the could. Even if it means working his servants half to death.

He looked around his ballroom. He couldn't believe he was already turning twenty four! He sat down on a fancy white couch and watched as the his servants started taking the wrong banner off the wall.

"Hello sweetie." Sir Paul turned his head to see where this soft and beautiful voice was coming from and saw his beautiful wife, Linda, walking towards him.

"Why hello darling. You look very fine this evening." She smiled and sat down beside. "Thank you but, it's the afternoon." Sir Paul giggled and sighed. "Yeah, I know."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just so stressed over this bloody party." Sir Paul sighed again and laid his head on Linda's shoulder.

Linda started to ring her fingers through his soft hair. "There's no need to worry. I have feel everything's going to turn out fine."

"You think so?" Sir Paul asked looked up at her. She chuckled at his hopeful face. "Of course. I just got a feeling, ya know?"