Mixed Emotions

*Mark POV*

The school was elegant and huge, nothing like the high schools back home. After wandering around I finally stumbled across Mixed Science, thankfully I was only a few minutes late, however that didn't stop my nerves. Taking a deep breath to stop my hand from shaking, I turned the nob and walked in. The room that had been full of chatter quieted down a bit and most attention was now on me, the teacher who had been writing something on the board looked over to me and smiled.

"You must be the new student," he said as I walked over to him trying to block out the stares from the class. I handed him my sheet, he looked it over a bit and then looked back at me.

"Class we have a new student, why don't you introduce yourself?" He said putting me on the spot. The only thing that came to mind was that my whole being a half demon was a secret... so what could I really say? What would a full demon say...

"Hi.. my name is Mark," is all I could finally manage to say, looking around the class room I spotted Bob on the clearly Demon side and then I spotted a boy with bright green hair on the angel side. Suddenly we made eye contact, his eyes were really blue.. embarrassed I turned to the teacher.

"Go ahead Mark, go sit by Bob," he said, I thanked my lucky stars I got to sit by someone I knew.

"Mr. Matpat is really cool, he teaches all the mixed classes." Bob whispered to me once he started teaching. Honestly I loved science so I was happy I got to continue learning it. Halfway through the lesson I could feel someone staring at me, I looked to the side and it was the boy with the green hair. When he noticed I caught him his eyes grew big and he turned his attention back to the front. Weird.

"Mark you have Demon power 101 next right?" Bob asked after the class had ended, I looked at my paper and nodded. We began down the hallway opposite the one the angels went down. The class room was like a giant gym but way more protected, I'm guessing it had to be so the whole building didn't come crashing down. Before the class began, a guy wearing a flannel and a tie came panting in.

"Need something Mr. DeFranco?" The teacher asked, the guy still seemed to be catching his breath but still managed to point at me. Confused I looked back at the teacher who gave a questioning look, but nodded. Looking over at Bob I shrugged and walked over to the poor guy.

"You Mark?" He asked finally standing up, I nodded and he just smiled as he slung his arm around my shoulder and lead me out. Confused, I didn't want to speak until we reached our destination which was a room like the gym but completely surrounded by a metal of some type.

"Sorry for the informal meeting, my name is Mr. DeFranco and I will be exclusively teaching you Halfie," he said, I cringed at the horrible nickname.

"Why exclusively?" I asked confused, why couldn't I just train with my friends... why was I always alone...

"Well... I'll have to just show you. Halfie I want you to use your power," he said, again with the nickname, I had a feeling I was going to have to just get use to it. Focusing on trying to use my power was hard, usually it just came out when I was angry... but I wasn't angry just slightly annoyed.

"I can't...," I sighed feeling really defeated. Mr. DeFranco just looked like he was deep in thought and then disappeared for a second, coming back with three metal chairs. I raised my eyebrow in question, but quickly had to dodge as he launched one at me.

"WHAT THE HELL?" I yelled, he just looked entertained and came running at me with the second one, he was quick. How was this guy who was originally panting now lighting fast, I tried dodging again but was late by a second. The chair collided with my side and made me crash to the floor. My body felt hot and I could feel my blood boiling, my teeth became sharp as well as my claws and my body became surrounded by red flames.

"There it is!" He exclaimed happily, I was confused until I realized I was using my powers. Not all of it though or else I would of had my tail and horns too. He walked in front of me, suddenly he was surrounded in dark black flames.

"See the difference?" He asked as he referred to our flame colors. I had never really wondered why my flames were red, then again I had never met another demon before.

"Outside of here you must never let that flame be seen, understand?" He asked becoming very serious. After calming down, my body changed back to normal and I nodded. Going to school to control my powers I can't use anywhere not secret... great.