Fighting Spirit

*Mark POV*

It had been such a nice day. Honestly making friends was such a new thing that it felt so amazing... especially Jack who just made me laugh a lot. But of course knowing my luck the day soon took a sour turn. When the day was over Bob and Wade decided they wanted to show me around a bit, because there was apparently a basketball court and a pool that I had yet to discover. After the tour however it seemed we all agreed that playing video games was much better.

"Ahhh, there he is! Man of the hour!" A voice yelled as we crossed the court yard, I turned to see a one of the demon students I hadn't seen before. Something about him screamed danger. Bob and Wade froze leaving me utterly confused.

"Do you need something?" I asked finally breaking the awful silence. This only made him smirk in a twisted kind of way.

"Need something? From you? Nope not a thing." He said holding his hands behind his back, before I knew it a crowd had began to form around us. But I failed to see why.

"We need to leave Mark.." Bob whispered in my ear. I was never really in the mood for violence, I had had plenty of it at my old school from being picked on. This was a new life and a new me. But as I turned to leave there was a hand that gripped my shoulder hard, looking back he was very close to me.

"You are nothing special," he growled and scratched me across the face causing me to collapse to the ground.

"YOU THINK YOU'RE SPECIAL?!" Now he was yelling at me and the crowd only got bigger to watch me on the freaking ground. Pathetic.

"Oooh look the new kid gets the special treatment!" Ranting.. why was he ranting. Just shut up already. Shut up. Bob and Wade were now on the sides of me, but looked as terrified as ever... this was bad.

"Not going to say anything?" His shoes tapped closer. I could feel it.. I was slowly losing control and I was trying so hard to keep it in. It's a secret. You can't do it. You can't do anything...

"Enough of this! What the hell is going on here?!" Mr. DeFranco's voice was like a bell of hope. But I couldn't hold out any longer, he picked me up and I just went limp. After being laid down I noticed that it wasn't just Mr. DeFranco and I, Jack was there too.

"Man, I leave you alone for one second and you some how find trouble," Mr. DeFranco sighed at me. How was it my fault that some kid came up looking for a fight... I didn't fight him, doesn't that count?

"Sorry for asking McLoughlin, but you were the first healer I spotted," he said apologizing to Jack.

"No problamo," he said and got closer to me. It was weird having him this close, he slowly lifted his hand up to my cheek and closed his eyes. As his hand gently stroked down my cheek I could feel the wound close up and disappear, his hand was small.

"Hey teach, where can I learn that?" I asked as soon as he was done. There was now no wound at all on my face.

"Become an angel," Mr. DeFranco said and Jack suddenly started laughing which only made us do the same. He had one hell of a contagious laugh. Before we could talk anymore Mr. DeFranco sent him away which made me kind of sad but I knew for a fact why he did it.

"Don't give me that look. I promise I didn't do anything. No body knows." I said after a couple moments of silence. There was no way I would reveal it so easily.

"You know you need to be careful because-" he started.

"It's a secret... trust me I know," I said interrupting him. I couldn't afford to be kicked out of this place... my mom would be so disappointed in me, again. But it wasn't fair.

"How am I suppose to protect myself when I can't even use my powers?" I huffed, it was kind of an issue in this whole thing. If I was randomly attacked, was I never to use my powers? What was the deal...

"Alright... I see your concern. Well if I talk to the principal there may be a slight chance I can take you on some field training." He said with his arms folded and eyes on the ground. Okay now what in the hell did he mean by field training?! Everything just gets even more confusing.

"That would be what?" I asked, although I didn't expect him to answer much.

"Classified until I get permission from the head honcho," he said. Great. Now I would have to wait and pray that the crazy son of a bitch that attacked me before doesn't try and do it again. When I finally got the okay to leave the infirmary Bob and Wade were waiting outside the building.

"Hey guys!" I said trying to act as if this day wasn't completely ruined by that asshole.

"Mark! Thank Jezz you're okay!" Bob said looking like he was finally able to breath, Wade just stood there smiling like an idiot.

"Onision is one crazy guy!" Wade sighed. So now I knew his name... but is still wanted to know why the hell he attacked me. Although it could be for the reasons he was yelling at me, I was new and getting attenion. But it's not like I wanted the attention. Couldn't I just be normal?