Chapter 8 Taking Action

Sensei gave us the day off from training but none of us wanted to do anything.

Nya locked herself up in her room. The guys and I sat in the game room none of us making a sound.

Out of nowhere I imagined Nieala locked in her dad's cold dark closet scared and alone. I jumped up. "What are we doing?" I asked no one in particular. The guys looked up at me.

"Since when do we except defeat? I for one am going to take action!" With that I stormed out of the room and barely heard Kai yelling after me not to do anything crazy.

-------

By the time I reached Nieala's house I was starting to doubt that my plan would work. But I couldn't back out now.

I knocked on the door and Nieala's father promptly answered. "What do you want?" he growled, "Nieala's not accepting visitors."

"That's fine because I'm here to see you." I said as casually as possible. He looked surprised at first but then relaxed and said, "Alright but make it quick kid."

I stared at him for a minute then asked in my most cool and casual tone, "What are you so afraid of?" He looked at me as if I had a grown a second head. "Excuse me?"

"Why are you so afraid to let Nieala live and train with us?" This was starting to feel like an interrogation.

For a second he looked as if he was going to slam the door in my face. But then his face softened. "Nieala is all I have left." he whispered.

"When her mother died I promised her that I would give our little girl the best life possible and that I'd never let anything happen to her. If something happens to her on one of those missions of yours I'd never forgive myself."

I put my hand on his shoulder. " I promise, I'll protect Nieala with my own life." I told him.

With that he gave me a nod and close the door. I stood there for a minute before walking to the park.

I wasn't quite ready to go home and be bombarded with questions about where I'd been and what I'd done.

So there I sat in front of the Titanium Ninja statue thinking about nothing and no one else but Nieala.

When it got dark I headed home and snuck in though our bedroom window where I found the guys waiting with a million questions. But I ignored them and when to bed.

-------

By morning I was beginning to lose hope that my plan had worked when I heard a knock on the door.