Chapter 14 Plan of Action

We all rode back to the monastery in silence and went straight to bed. In the morning we filled Sensei in on the details of last night. "I was able to get a scan of that contraption of his before he disappeared." Zane said as he projected the images on the wall. "The majority of the helmet is useless wires to make it seem more complicated that it is. But at the core is a mineral that I was previously unfamiliar with. After several runs through my system, found it's a combination of venge stone and the staff crystal from Chen's island that's been infused with Hypnobrai venom." He explained. "That explains how he took control of me." Kai pointed out. "That helmet is more powerful than he let us see." Zane continued, "If the user becomes unable to control all that power at once, the 'venge crystal' could, theoretically, shut down ones powers. Possibly forever." I looked around the room. We all knew we couldn't leave that thing in Siricon's hands. But if we got to close he could rob us of any and all power. "If we only knew where he was hiding out we could get the drop on him when he least expects it." Cole thought aloud. I reached down to fiddle with my bracelet. "It's gone!" I shrieked. Siricon must of grabbed it when he tried to drag me off. "What's gone?" asked Nya "My bracelet! That dirty, no good, power stealing jerk stole my bracelet! Wait. This is perfect!" "That was real gold and a real sapphire. How is this perfect?" Jay groaned. "My bracelet has a tracking system remember? As long as he's in the realm we can pin point his location." I said triumphantly. "Great job Nieala. Let's get to work guys." Said Lloyd as we rushed to the control room.
-----------------------------------
We waited for night to fall before heading to Siricon's lair. "This place isn't very well guarded." Zane whispered. "He probably figures no ones going to come looking for him." Cole whispered back. We entered through an open window. This seemed to easy. No guards. No traps. No alarms. And I couldn't shake the feeling we were playing straight into his hands. I stopped. I swear I heard gears turning. The others must have heard it to cause they were all standing battle ready weapons drawn. I looked where they were standing. There were small holes in the ground. "MOVE!" I shouted as sprung out of the way. "IT'S A TRAP!" It was to late. Venge stone bars shot out of the floor straight to the ceiling. I dashed behind some crates. Maybe I could get back to HQ and get help. "Didn't anyone ever teach you it's rude to invite yourself over to someone house." Said Siricon as strolled in from another room. The the others just scowled. "I guess I'll have to make sure you know better next time." He chuckled as jammed some buttons on his control panel. A glass tube rose from the floor around the cage. I heard the ninja scream as if they had all shot. There powers were being drained! "Soon your powers will be transferred to me. But don't worry. You'll all serve as examples of what happens when you try to stand in my way." He cackled as placed the helmet on his head.