Chapter 11 Secrets

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE‼️‼️‼️❗️

Nieala's P.O.V.
'Twas a week before Christmas and all through the house not a boy was being quiet! The monastery was a buzz with excitement. Sensei and Misako were in New Ninjago City on important business ( which was hopefully code for getting our Christmas presents). Zane was in the kitchen making Christmas treats. Nya and I were in our room wrapping presents. And everyone else was in the game room doing who knows what ( although it sounded like they were tearing the place down). "Just when I thought they couldn't get any louder." I laughed. "Please. For Christmas they're being quiet." Nya said with a grin. "What could be louder than this?" I asked "You haven't had a loud Christmas till you've spent it with an 8 year old Garmadon child." She said as she passed me the rapping paper. "Man. You guys have been a team for a long time." I said. "What do you mean?" She asked. "When Lloyd was 8, that would make Jay 9, Kai 10, Cole would be 11 and Zane would be 12. That's almost 8 ago. That a long time." I explained. "Not as long as you think." Nya said with a sigh. "What do you mean?" I asked setting down the gift I'd been rapping. Nya sighed again as she sat down on my bed and said "You'd better sit down. This is a long story." She told me all about when Lord Garmadon had brought the Grundle back to life and how Lloyd had sacrificed his childhood to save everyone. When she finished I wasn't sure what to say. "I need to talk to Lloyd." I said hurriedly as left the room.

Lloyd's P.O.V.
Next to my birthday and April fools, Christmas is my favorite time of year. Zane was in the kitchen making cake and cookies. The girls were in their room (hopefully rapping presents). My mom and uncle were in New Ninjago City (hopefully buying presents). Cole and Kai were decorating the tree and Jay and I were looking for our Christmas presents. Everything was perfect until I heard Nieala yelling, "LLOYD!" The guys all looked at me. "What did you do?!" Kai shout whispered. "Nothing! That I can think of..." I whispered back. "Girls only use that tone when you did something." whispered Jay. As I was thinking of what I could have done (and if I should hide) Nieala stormed in.

Nieala's P.O.V.
I found the boys whispering in the game room. "You guys what to give us some privacy." I asked. I saw Kai and Cole give Lloyd an ' I'm sorry for you look ' as they walked out. "Jay. Out." I said as I pointed at the door. "Do I have to?" He whined, "I kinda want to Lloyd get beat up by a girl." I narrowed my eyes and growled "Out!" Jay hopped up from where he was sitting and ran out the room. I looked over at Lloyd and smiled. "Lloyd is there anything you forgot to tell me?" I asked as I sat down on the couch. He thought for a minute, " You look pretty?" He guessed as he sat next to me. "Thank you. But that's not what I meant." I said as I took his hands in mine. "Lloyd I know about the Grundle." I whispered. "You do?" he asked. "Nya told me everything. The question is: why didn't you tell me?" Lloyd looked down and said "I didn't know how you'd react or if you'd even believe it. I doubted you'd still what to be my girlfriend if I told you I was technically only 12. I just didn't want to lose you." I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and whispered in his ear, "Lloyd I love you for who you are not how old you are. Just promise me. No more secrets." "I promise." He said with a smile. Just then Jay poked his head in the room and shout whispered, "Lloyd? Are you still alive?" "Of course he's alive. Why on earth would I want to hurt my wonderful boyfriend?" I said pointedly "That's good. Cause Zane finish making the gingerbread cookies. You'd better hurry before Cole eats them all." He called over his shoulder. As we walked out the room we heard the guys laughing and Nya making kissing noises. I had a pretty good idea what they were laughing about and by the look on Lloyd's face he did to. We looked up to see that some wise guy (probably Kai or Jay) decided to put missal toe over the game room door. We locked eyes shrugged and shared a magical Christmas kiss. "Not bad for a 12 year old." I whispered as we headed for the kitchen.