03- Revised

"You need rest, go back and lay down. We can handle him." Liam says and shoos me to the room.

The audacity this boy has. He acts like I'm a child. I am two years older than him.

"I can take care of myself, but thanks for the support." I reply.

"Obviously you can't."

I rest my case.

"Excuse me?" I huff in disbelief.

I can handle myself. I drive myself to school every morning. You know who doesn't? Liam. He doesn't know how to drive so he depends on me!

He grabs my hand and drags me into the other room.

"It's beyond me how you always manage to get yourself into trouble."

"That's rich, Liam. You need to take a look in the mirror because we were happy together," I pause and look him up and down. "but you had to fuck that up."

We were happy for four months. Next thing you know, Hayden Romero waltzes through the door and our relationship was over. I sensed his hard-on from the moment he laid eyes on her.

"I didn't..." he stammers. "You are changing the subject."

"You started thinking with your dick and suddenly everything has went to shit!" I exclaim.

"That's not true. I only love you, I swear." He whispers.

"Bullshit. I bet you were glad to hear I was missing. You would have more time to see Hayden behind my back."

"Carrie-" he chokes.

"I'm done, Liam. I'm done with the lies, the sneaking out, the excuses. I'm done."

Claws slowly sprout from my fingernails. I ball my fingers into tight fists to avoid hitting him. Although, at this point, I'd love to. But what good would that do?

"So what now? I stay with Hayden and you... get back together with Josh? Isn't that what you've wanted all along?" He asks.

"Josh has nothing to do with this. You can't compare him to Hayden. It's completely different."

"Did he make you happy? Did he know how to please you?" He asks.

He is so out of line, I can't even see straight. My past relationship is none of his business. Especially when it was hardly a relationship. Josh and I hung out when I was staying with Satomi. We went to the movies, brunch 'dates', walked along the river.

"Get out of my room." I state through gritted teeth.

"You know, your eyes lit up when you heard his voice?" Liam starts. "I want to know more about him. Did you see him during our relationship?"

Are you fucking serious right now? He gets so jealous of anyone that I talk to. He inserts himself in conversations and makes it painfully clear that he and I are together.

I'm tired of it. I can't deal with this anymore. He acts like his thing with Hayden is no big deal, but let me have a friendly conversation with anyone with a dick? Yeah right.

"He will never love you like I do." He adds.

I walk closer to him. His eyes soften as I stand inches away. I look at him and with one quick swipe, I smack him hard across the face. He stands there in disbelief.

Oh my God, that felt amazing!

Liam slowly nods and walks out of the room. I slump down on the bed and exhale. That has been a long time coming. I'm at my wits end with the lying and trying to control me.