04- Revised

"I don't know, Josh. I just got back home from a crazy day. I need to rest."

Josh and I have an odd dynamic. We were best friends, inseparable. We tried the whole dating thing, before Liam and I had even met, but it fizzled out so fast.

Theo, my psychotic friend, found out about Josh and threatened to kill him. Theo was obsessed with me. He didn't want me hanging out with anyone else. I suppose I have a radar for that kind of thing.

"You don't have to give me an answer now. Just think about it," he pauses and walks towards me. "I'm always here if you need anything."

Getting away for a while would be nice. But how would I explain it to Dad and Stiles? Hey, I'm going to run off with my kinda ex boyfriend, kinda ex best friend.

"Fine. I'll go."

What have I got to lose?

"You won't regret it, it'll be a weekend thing so you can be back in time for school."

Josh hardly ever ventured away from Satomi and the pack. Satomi home-schooled Josh his entire life, so he has no idea what hell regular school is.

"I can't wait." I mumble under my breath.

I'm a little nervous, but optimistic to hang out with Josh for the weekend.

"I uh, I have to go. Satomi wanted me home a half an hour ago, but she let me stay out longer when I told her I was with you." Josh explains.

Josh walks out of the room and takes a quick look back at me before leaving.

"See you Friday?" He asks.

I smile.

With that, he departs, leaving me to my spirits. I don't understand why Mom and Allison are here. Allison has been dead for two years now? God, has it been that long already?

"I don't think this is a good idea, Cee." Allison pipes, appearing beside me.

This entire dynamic isn't a good idea. Allison is dead. I tried to bring her back. It didn't work. End of story.

"I can't just sit here and sulk over a shitty breakup." I reply.

A knock on my door interrupts my pity party.

"Come in."

Scott walks into my room. He notices my sunken shoulders and lack of energy.

"Stiles told me, about Liam. Are you okay?" He asks.

"I'm fine. It was a long time coming anyway." I reply.

I should've broken up with Liam when I found out about Hayden. But Liam begged and pleaded for another chance. I gave it to him and the problems we faced never went away.

"It was a long time coming, yet you were enjoying his bed just last night." Allison pipes, standing behind Scott.

That's besides the point. Point is, Liam promised me he would stop seeing her. But now that I know he lied, I ended it once and for all.

"Are you okay?" Scott asks, raising his brow at me. "You kinda zoned out for a second."

"Yeah, just talking to Allison about my failed love life."

Scott's eyes practically pop out of his head.

"You can talk to her?!" He asks in disbelief.

"Yeah. Sometimes she stays for conversations, sometimes I only get one line answers."