2.01- Under Revision

I've been away from the pack for what seems like centuries. Although, I must be honest, it's only been three weeks. I think part of me misses the chaos and the excitement that was constantly surrounding me. It seemed like for weeks at a time, we were facing some kind of supernatural threat that put all of us in danger.

Being away from all of that has put into perspective the fact that Chris Argent still thinks of me as his daughter. I was requested to check in with him every week or so, just to make sure everything is okay.

While I am still missing the chaos back home, I've grown accustomed to quieter company such as Josh. We've taken the whole 'normal' thing slow. We've begun to wake up early to exercise and work on meditation. We took up gardening in the form of wolfsbane- which is tended to, very carefully! It may sound silly, but it's good to have around! Especially because Argent uses some of our harvest!

We've also gotten used to each other's company. We have movie nights on Wednesdays and we cook together on the weekends. Josh is the better cook out of the two of us, so most of the time, he cooks. We also have spa nights where we relax in a steaming hot bath with cucumbers over our eyes and pretend that some of this shit actually drives me crazy!

He's also teaching me control with my newfound wolf powers. I figured out my psychic abilities almost instantly, so the wolf powers are next. I don't pass out anymore or lose my balance while having visions, so that's a plus!

While all of this is going on, I mostly get daily check-ins from my twin brother, Stiles. Liam has finally gotten the hint that I no longer want to speak to him. Scott has texted a few times, but I guess he is busy with lacrosse now. I also lost contact from Allison, I suppose she is keeping an eye on Scott.

"This is great, don't you think?" Josh mumbles in my loose, tangled hair.

It's quiet, to say the least.

Josh is renting this place from his realtor uncle. It's nice but kind of big for just the two of us.

"Yeah, definitely! I just think the house is kind of big, ya know?"

I realize we won't be here forever, but it's big and quiet. I'm not used to a quiet house. Or life.

I realize this is only temporary, but it's big and quiet. The space is perfect for someone with a big family, you know, a couple of kids and a dog or two. But then again, I'm not used to higher class lifestyles. I still live in my childhood home with my police officer dad and my idiotic twin brother.

My dad's small, three bedroom townhouse is big and quiet enough as is. But add a full kitchen with an island, two and a half bathrooms, six bedrooms, and an in-ground pool with a hot tub next to it- this place is entirely too big for me.

I guess I am partial to my quaint little house with my dad and brother. I guess I am partial to my mediocre school and town with supernatural problems normal people overlook.

"It will be perfect for us, one day."

Maybe so. But right now, it's too big. It's too quiet. It's too modern.

Besides, we don't even have a label for what we currently are. We've danced around the dating idea for a while now, but I think we are both hesitant. I just got out of a relationship with Liam. Josh just appeared in my life after all of these years.

I think I'd be okay saying we are dating, but I think it's kind of sudden. It's a big step jumping from friends to lovers.

"I think I'm going to take a walk, get some fresh air." I state.

I grab my empty coffee-stained mug and walk to the sink. I place the cup in the sink and run water inside. As water fills the void, I begin thinking about what our lives would be like if we did take a big step.