Chapter 5

Mark's POV

I couldn't speak. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move. I was just frozen. Tears welled up in his eyes. "Is it really you-" Jack got cut off by two fans running up. "H-hi Mark! Hi Jack!" One of the them said. We quickly stood up straight and wiped the tears away. "I didn't know you two knew each other!" Said the other. "Actually, I just bumped into this guy." Jack chuckled uncomfortably. "Heh. Yeah." I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Well do you mind if we take a picture or two with you guys?" They asked. "We didn't think we would run into you. And we definitely didn't think we would see you at the signing." Jack and I glanced at each other. "Of course. We'd be happy too!"

We took a couple pictures with the two fans, signed some stuff, received a couple gifts then they were on their way. We carried our stuff to the back where the signing was gonna be held. After we dropped our things, we hurriedly pulled each other into an embrace. Crying into one another's shoulders.

"H-how long has it been? What? Ten years?" Jack whined as he wiped a tear away. "It's been too long, that's what." I joked. We stepped back, taking in the sight of each other. "Still handsome as ever.." I smiled, trailing my eyes over the Irishman's body. He giggled shyly. I wanted to ask him everything. How was he? When did he start Youtube? How was high school? But one question continuously kept floating in the back of my head.. Was he with someone new.? I wanted to ask him but my mouth wouldn't open. My voice wouldn't work with me. "Well, we definitely need to catch up sometime!" Jack said. "Of course! Are you free at all today?" I asked. Jack thought for a moment. "Umm.. I'm free around 5. Maybe we could go grab dinner or something?"

I nodded in agreement. "I'd love that." We set up a time and place to meet then went our separate ways. My heart was about to beat right out of my chest. He's still so handsome. I feel like his eyes got bluer. His smile got brighter. My mind messed with me.. He's with someone else. Someone who is making him happier than you ever did. Someone who actually puts effort into him. Attempting to shrug it off, I went on with my day.

-WOO! TIME SKIP- (God I'm so lame it hurts)

It felt like forever since Jack and I last spoke when really it had only been a couple hours. I was so eager to meet him again. I quickly hopped into the shower and got ready. I called an Uber to meet at the restaurant. When I got there, I saw Jack standing there. I got out of the car, rushing over to him. As I got closer, a girl came up behind him. He turned around to peck the her on the lips. I felt my heart sink into the sidewalk. I slowed my pace til I got to them. "Hey Mark!" He pulled me in for another hug. I held him loosely. As he pulled away, he caught glimpse of the girl next to him. "Oh shit! Sorry!" He placed his arm around the girl's waist, pulling her in.

"Mark, meet Signe. My girlfriend!"