Chapter 8

"Ahh frick." I muttered, feeling my stomach give another strong heave-ho. "You dashed off stage pretty fast. Why didn't you say you were sick?" Jack asked softly. I glanced at him and stood up, leaning on the stall wall for support.

"I'm fine Jack." I said sternly, flushing the toilet then hobbling past the man to the sinks. I leaned all my weight onto the sink, looking at my reflection in the mirror. "Are you sure?" He asked pointing towards the toilet I was crippled over just moments before. "Didn't look like it to me. I think you should go back to the hotel and rest." He looked at me with concern. He took a step towards me, extending his hand.

"I said I'm fine Sean!" Slamming my fist on the counter, making him quickly retract his hand. I never really used his real name when we were together (as if he ever remembered in the first place) so it really caught him off guard when I actually used it. His eyes widen and he just stared at me. "I'm. Fine." I huffed. Jack silently took a step back and murmured an 'okay' before heading out the bathroom.

I splashed my face with cold water, debating on whether I should actually stay or just go home. I didn't wanna do a meet and greet smelling like vomit. I, sadly, pulled out my phone and tweeted.

Markiplier @markiplier
Hey guys, I'm feeling pretty under the weather so I can't make it to the signing. I'm so sorry!

I sent the tweet then left to go back to the hotel.

-If We Were A Time Skip!-

I changed into some sweats and decided to take a nap. After I woke up, I was feeling better and decided to order room service. I'd never done it before but I didn't feel like going out for food. Or just communicating with other humans at the moment.

I ordered some dinner and then opened up YouTube on my laptop. My biggest worry about traveling was that my videos wouldn't upload on time. Or just not upload in general. Or that the thumbnail wouldn't work. Thankfully, everything was running smoothly. I watched a couple videos when I heard a knock.

I hopped out of bed and strutted over to the door. To my surprise, it was Jack. I couldn't speak. "Hey.." Jack said, rubbed the back of his neck. "Um.." I gulped. "W-what are you doing here?" I asked. Jack chuckled to himself. "Well since you missed the signing, I figured you were here. And I thought I would come check up on you." His eyes sparkled and my heart couldn't help it and picked up it's pace.

"Can I come in?" Jack laughed. I snapped out of my uncomfortable stare and let the man in. "So.." He walked over and took a seat on the bed across from me. "So.." I said, sitting across from him. It was silent for a moment before Jack finally spoke up. "How have you been since.. ya know." He looked away shyly.

"'Ya know' what?" I raised an eyebrow at him. Jack ran his hand through his brown and gray hair and took in a deep breath. "Since we..", he cleared his throat and look at me. His facial expression saying you know what I'm talking about. "Since we dated?" I spat. His posture straightened. "Yeah." He seemed almost.. embarrassed.

"I wanted to talk to you about that actually." He said softly. I felt a knot form in my chest. "I still think about all of it." I looked at him with wide eyes. He looked back and smiled. "I can't thank you enough. You sacrificed so much to come look after me." I smiled but I couldn't help but think that something was off. "I really did love you."

DID. He said DID.

"I hope you know that." He continued. I don't think he seem to notice how broken up I was. That familiar lump in my throat came back. I couldn't get past it to speak so I just nodded slowly. There was a muffled buzzing sound coming from his jacket pocket. He pulled out his phone, glanced at it then quickly put it back in it's original place. "I hate to do this but I get back. Signe and I are heading out to dinner with some friends. Would you like to join us?" Thankfully my voice came back just long enough for me to respond. "Um.. I'm good. Maybe another time.. still not feeling well."

Jack frowned but nodded. He turned on his heels and was heading towards the door when I got a really strong urge. Like a "now or never" urge. Without thinking, I ran up to him. He must've heard me because he turned around. "Did you need som-" I cut him off. I threw my arm around his waist, pulling him into a kiss. He tensed up, then I felt his chest relax as he exhaled deeply. His hand snaked up my arm to my shoulder.

  As much as I didn't want to, I pulled away in order to breathe. My arm was still wrapped around the man's body and we both stood there, staring at each other. Jack darted out of the room without a word, leaving the door ajar and me all alone. Again.