Wallabee

Barracks stink. They smell like crud, are always loud, and the quality of everything, including life, is awful. That is why I resented putting on prison garb and entering my room.
I didn't remember a whole lot from when I was captured to how I got here. The stupid gases messed with my brain. I was the first person in the bunk room. "Sweet! First pick on beds!"
I immediately strode over to the bed furthest from the door. It wasn't even a question. No hesitation. Slowly, the rest of the bunk mates filed in. They completely ignored me. I was fine with that.
After a while, Hoagie came in. A friend would be in this h---hole. He rushed over to me.
"We have to find a way out of here."
I wasn't quite as down to business.
"I am taking the top bunk. You get bottom."
"Numbuh 4," Hoagie pleaded. "I'm serious."
"I know you are."
"Do you have any ideas?"
I thought of one plan I liked best.
"We beat the crud out of them."
"Well yeah, but before that," Hoagie said, exasperated. I shrugged and got to work shifting the blanket on my cot. Numbuh 2 glared at me and started tapping his foot.
"I have no ideas," I said, giving in. "But dinner's soon."
🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭
They let us eat with whoever we wanted. Yes! I would have been pretty mad if they hadn't. My bunk room was one of the first in so I chose an empty table. Hoagie placed his butt next to mine. Abby came in next and was silent. She looked deep in thought. Nigel came next and found us. He was completely beat up. Bruised, bloody, busted lip and scowling. Yep. Even his glasses were broken. Wonder what happened to him.  Just then, the last bunk group came in and my sunshine was with them.
"Get ahold of yourself Wally! It's just Kuki...! Yeah, it's Kuki."