Kuki

At everyone's evening meal, I could tell Wally was excited to carry out his diversion.  He hadn't told anyone what it was.  I hoped it was good; his intelligence level suggested otherwise.  I hoped he wouldn't get in too much trouble.  Hopefully we could all escape before then.
    "Ready Wally?" Abby also looked ready to run.
    "I was born ready!"  Everyone rolled their eyes except me.  I thought Wally was cute. 
    Grabbing some of his veggie mash, he loaded his army issued spoon.  Wally's tongue popped out of his mouth as he aimed up at the teens head table. He stayed still for a moment then let it fly. 
    The mash sailed through the air and nailed Cree on the collarbone.  She looked down, drawn by the impact.  Both disgust and surprise showed on her face.  She muttered to some of the other teens, gesturing to her pink crop top.
Wally was not yet done. He loaded his makeshift weapon and stood on top of the table. "FOOD FIGHT!" He launched another heap of mash directly on to Cree's forehead.  Gaping like a dead fish, she left the room. 
    All the other kids had followed Wally's example. Mash was flung everywhere and joyful screams ricocheted and reverberated across the cafeteria. The teens at the head table bolted for the door. They made it, but not without getting shot in the backs with veggie mash.
Wally's plan was brilliant! He distracted everyone, got Cree alone, and created utter pandemonium so our absences would go unnoticed. Just brilliant!
While the chaos in sued, Hoagie, Abby, and I snuck out of the cafeteria. We had business to attend to.