Nigel

The teenagers had finally broken down and given me food.  It was just a little bit of stale bread, raw meat, and veggie mash, but I was past the point of complaining.  Before even pausing to consider what animal the meat had come from, I had wolfed the whole meal down. 
    Sector V had escaped.  I didn't know how I would live with myself if they hadn't.  I was obviously too weak to run from the start and tried to distract the teens from chasing after Abby.  The guards had taken the bait and she easily escaped.  I wondered if she was doing ok out there undercover.  Was it hard?  Easy?  Was the rest of the gang all right?  Did she find her parents?  Are there any Kids Next Door left?  But above all, there was one question that nagged at me no matter how much effort I put into shoving it away.
    Is she gonna come back for me?
    I hoped so, but I also hoped she wouldn't.  If she did, she could get caught or killed at the drop of her red baseball cap.  Also, Cree would definitely want revenge on her.  It would be very gruesome knowing Cree. 
    But, selfishly, I hoped she would come back.  I wanted to see her and have her sit next to me again.  Let this whole thing be something to look back on and laugh about.  Then I would taste her lips and we-  STUPID!  Numbuh 1, you can't think like this!  It will get you nowhere!
    The experimental periods had been getting much more intense.  My thoughts had started changing to that of a wild beast.  I always had to fight to stay in control of my own mind.  It was quite terrifying, but I could never let my fear show. Not even to myself.