Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 10

Hey guys! I am so sorry this is so late! I had a Spanish presentation and my friend and I decided to make plans at the last second. It is the best I could write under pressure.

Oh and, for those of you who see what I wrote in the first paragraph, she isn’t pregnant! I am not having any pregnancies in this story. I am rather uncomfortable writing those kind of things…. So no types of x rated scenes are going to be in here.

Wooh! Chapter 10!!

Chapter 10

“No!” I screamed as they loaded Carter onto a gurney. My heart felt like it was shattered into pieces, and I felt like I was about to throw up. My head was pounding and all I wanted to do was lay down and cry.

I tried to get into the ambulance, but they held me back stating that only one person could ride in the ambulance with him, and his dad had already took that spot.

Charlene held me back as I thrashed around trying to get to my mate. The words sounded almost foreign. He had accepted me. My mate had actually accepted me, only to be taken away from me in the cruelest way possible.

My dad was sitting on the front steps with his hands in his hair, but I couldn’t find myself to even care what he was distressed about.

All that was on my mind was my mate.

As the ambulance started pulling away, I ran towards the car. Charlene stopped me before I could rip open the driver’s side.

I turned and snarled at her. “Don’t you even dare try and stop me.” I didn’t care how rude it sounded, or how Charlene flinched as I growled at her, all that was on my mind was my injured mate.

She sighed and pushed me towards the passenger side of the car. “You are not driving like this; I am going to drive you.”

I climbed into the car without any hesitation. Charlene sped the entire way to the hospital. I felt like I wasn’t getting there fast enough, but I had enough control to not scream at her to go faster.

My whole body was shaking from fear, and I could feel the waterfall of continuous tears trickle down my face.

As soon as we parked in the hospital, I jerked the car open and ran into the hospital. I saw the ambulance people wheeling Carter in, and the alpha was right behind him.

“Carter!” I yelled even though I knew he couldn’t hear me. 

I rushed over to his gurney. I just wanted to hug him right then and there, but the alpha pushed me back away from him. “Get away from my son you dirty slut!” He screamed in my face.

I backed up due to the authority in his voice. I was also scared. They wheeled Carter into the emergency room. His dad tried to go in there with him, but a small lady stepped in front of him. “Excuse me sir, but you can’t go in there.”

“Do you not understand who I am? I am the-“ Before he could spill a very large and important secret, I stepped in front of him and gave the best smile I could muster up considering the situation. “Yes, I can take it from here.”

She gave the alpha a small glance before stepping into the doors behind her.

I turned around to see the alpha looking like he wanted to kill me. “How dare you speak for me? I can tear you to shreds!” He snarled.

I kept a neutral face on even though I felt like I was about to pee my pants. I was angry though, angry as hell. “Do you not think I want to stand around here while he is hurt? I am going through the exact same thing you are, and do you see me acting like an overgrown baby? No, I didn’t think so. You don’t need to try and spill our very important secret because you are mad, because doing that will not only hurt your son, but hurt everyone else. With all due respect sir, you need to grow up.” I said filling in a breath as I finished.

Oh my god! What did I just do? I just stood up to an alpha! I freaking alpha that can kick me out of his territory, god I am so dumb!

I started backing away slowly before he reached out and caught my arm. My eyes widened in panic and I was about to scream when he said the most shocking words.

“I know.”

I stared at him wide-eyed. I had expected him to maybe pummel me to the ground, or scream in my face. Not tell me that I was right.

“I know, I have not been fair to you, and for that I am sorry for.” He said.

I had no clue what to say. I was completely stunned at what the alpha had just said.

He chuckled at my expression. “I can be wrong too you now?”

I gave him a timid smile still not sure what was going on.

A nurse walked out of the emergency room with a smile on her face. She spotted us standing by the door. “I am guessing you are Carter’s family?”

We both nodded.

“Well, the good news is he only has a minor concussion. He had a few stitches and minor bruises, but overall he is completely fine.”

“Is he awake?” I asked her with a hopeful look.

“No sorry. We gave him some numbing medicine for the pain which made him quite sleepy. He should be awake in a few hours.”

“When is he going to be let out?” The alpha asked her.

“Well it depends on his progress. If all goes well he should be out in two days max. We are keeping him under evaluation since he had the minor concussion. You will be able to see him after we get a room set up for him. That should only take a few minutes so you can just wait here in the waiting room and I will come get you.” With that she walked away.

I let out a breath that I didn’t know I was holding. This hospital was suffocating me, and I needed some fresh air to clear my head.

“I think I will just go get some fresh air. This hospital is suffocating me.” I told the alpha.

“I understand what you mean. I will come get you if you aren’t back when the doctor is.”

I gave a short nod and walked outside. The cool breeze felt good against my flush skin. I leaned against the brick wall and closed my eyes I took in a deep breath.

I felt a presence in front of me, so I quickly opened my eyes to come face to face with a hooded figure. Before I could do anything, something hard came down against my head.

I fell into the hooded figure’s arms in a heap.

NOTE: Next chapter I am contemplating Carter's POV, so tell me what you guys want!