four

Caitlin had arranged for her mother to meet her at S

Caitlin had arranged for her mother to meet her at S.T.A.R labs, knowing it was best not to add yet another person in Barry's already small house. The auburn haired girl tilted her head back in her seat, her lips pursed as her eyes stared at the details on the ceiling. A wave of exhaustion had lingered over her since the minute she opened her eyes. Forcing herself out of the comfort of her chair, Caitlin made her way over to a tray of her equipment, the woman lining it perfectly. The minor activity was enough to keep her from falling asleep.

With the feel of a slight breeze, and the sound of papers scattering - Caitlin knew Barry had entered her lab. She turned her head for a moment, shooting him a warm smile in greeting before going back to her work. The man could already tell just by watching her for a few minutes, that she was keeping herself busy. The way she moved around the same objects several times. Barry dropped down heavily into the seat Caitlin had once been sat in, allowing his eyes to wander over his girlfriend.

Under her usual pristine lab coat, she wore a black dress that hugged each of her curves perfectly, a set of matching heels along with it. The urge to run his hands over her almost consumed the hero. But it was the sound of Cisco complaining that broke his thoughts.

"Oh, seriously Barry!" Cisco called out, knowing he was somewhere within ear range. "It takes me hours to fix this suit."

Barry's chest swelled with guilt, knowing Cisco did all he could to make the suit perfect. Usually Barry was careful not to ruin it too drastically, but today he'd saved countless people from a collapsing mine just outside of the city. If it wasn't for the explosion that quickly led after the rescue, the outfit would've been perfectly clear except a smear of soot.

"Sorry, man." Barry replied, wheeling the chair to the edge of the room so he could see Cisco. "It worked like a charm though, the debris barely touched me."

Cisco appeared to grumble, "I should hope so, I spent numerous nights working on this thing."

Barry just grinned, averting his attention back to the brown eyed girl. He couldn't help but notice how quiet she was being, the man afraid she thought the night before was a mistake. Then he pondered on whether her injury was hurting. But with the way she moved, so perfectly without trouble. He knew that wasn't it.

"Caitlin?"

"Hm?" Was all she responded with, her mind focused on sorting her bandaids and bandages in one pile.

"Is everything okay?" He asked cautiously, knowing the woman was skilled at hiding the way she felt. Caitlin's eyes didn't bother meeting his.

"I'm just tired, Barry. That's all." But when she looked at him, she could read in his eyes that he wasn't convinced. "I promise."

Barry was still unsure, hesitance written all over his body but he didn't want to overstep a boundary. "How about we start my check up? Maybe it'll wake you up a little."